Real estate development and investment in the Middle East is challenging, both from a practical and a legal perspective. Legislative changes are commonplace, and combined with a difficult economic environment, the importance of obtaining the best legal advice has never been greater.
With 20 years of collective specialist experience of real estate in the Gulf, Gowling WLG is recognised as one of the leading firms in the market. We've lived and worked in the region's key jurisdictions, including Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and the UAE. The team is recognised in both Chambers and Legal 500 directories.
We offer legal support in all areas of real estate, from development and investment to litigation. In particular, we offer in-depth knowledge of the logistics sector across the Gulf and wider Middle East.
In working with us, you'll be engaging lawyers who deliver pragmatic, commercial advice. We look to introduce our clients to one another and create mutually beneficial transactions - and you'll never find us on the sidelines.
Investing in UK Real Estate
The UK Real Estate market has always been an attractive place for investment for international investors.
Our award winning Real Estate Group is the thirteenth largest real estate practice globally and one of the UK's largest real estate practices. With more than 290 lawyers working across 15 specialist areas, we offer a full service across the whole of the UK real estate sector, acting for high net worth individuals, public and private companies, institutions and the public sector alike.
Our services include:
- Industrial & logistics
- Transport-related development
- Offices Student accommodation
- Build to Rent
- Retail Regeneration
- Assisted living
- Affordable housing
- Corporate real estate/Corporate occupiers
- Commercial leasing
- Asset management
- Real Estate
The team can offer advice on an array of issues including: the tax implications of purchasing UK property, acquisition structures as well as guiding you through the exchange and completion process.
We also provide the following additional services:
- Real estate operations in France through our Paris office and other European jurisdictions via our network of top Real Estate firms across Europe
- Real estate operations in Canada through our Canadian offices;
Anuj Johar is a UK qualified solicitor and Senior Associate in our Real Estate Group based in our Dubai office. Please contact Anuj for any further real estate queries on +971 (0)4 437 5100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Client work highlights
- Acting for Regus in dealing with their portfolio of managed offices in the UAE
- Advising the seller/tenant on a major sale and leaseback instruction for four warehouses in Dubai Industrial Park
- Appointed by Warwick Hotels in the UAE
- Acting for a leading global logistics company in its site purchase and development of a warehousing scheme in Jebel Ali Port
- Advising a prominent grouping of owners associations on a significant contractual dispute within the DIFC
- Acting for a local conglomerate in its purchase and development of a AED 550 million mall development in Dubai
Find out more
More than a legal service, Gowling WLG is your reliable and committed guide to real estate in the Middle East. Get in touch to learn more.