Whether you're a start-up, an established tech company or publicly listed, our 235-strong global Tech team, covering all legal specialisms, will work with you to capitalise on your opportunities and deal with the challenges you face.
We work with all types of tech enterprises to develop agile, innovative business strategies to achieve your commercial objectives in a constantly changing and increasingly competitive landscape.
With backgrounds that include science and engineering, our sector specialists will provide you with trusted advice and partnering through:
- Global connections - the size and spread of our team means that we regularly come across opportunities to support growth. We connect investors with investees, suppliers with customers, and we will help you build your networks by providing key connections to leverage. Our industry-specific seminars will provide you with networking opportunities across the sector and the chance to hear from thought-leaders on issues ranging from corporate venturing, digital health and fintech to data centres, 3D printing, IP and the internet of things.
- Full service, international expertise - we will help you succeed by ensuring all areas of your business have solid foundations from which to compete and expand, providing full service support in: advertising and marketing; anti-trust; banking and finance; corporate; commercial; data protection, privacy and security dispute resolution; employment and labour law; intellectual property; information technology; investment; regulatory; software development and licensing; and systems implementation and integration.
- Specialist experience - our sub-sector specialisms include: adtech; cleantech; consumer electronics; cyber security; data centres and cloud; digital media; digital health; fintech; gaming systems; medical devices; mobile and fixed line telecommunications; and software and social enterprise software.
- Sector insights - we can assist you with early-stage investment transactions, intellectual property protection and monetisation, launching new products, and M&A and strategic exits. We will support you throughout your lifecycle and use our sector immersion to help you make informed decisions.
The spectrum of solutions we offer includes:
- full service advice for tech giants such as Amazon, Cisco, eBay and Twitter, through to hundreds of much smaller high growth tech companies;
- assisting clients with raising capital from growth equity, venture capital, angel and other investors;
- helping our clients to build (and sell) their businesses via M&A activities;
- assisting on regulatory matters, such as advising CityTV on its application for a local TV licence to operate and TransferGo, a payment services provider, on obtaining permission from the Financial Conduct Authority to carry on business in the UK; and
- offensive, defensive and monetisation strategies for your IP asset base.
Supporting start-ups and early stage tech businesses
Our commitment to the sector starts at the grass roots level which is why we've developed JUMPSTART - our specifically designed support for tech start-ups and early stage tech businesses.