This substantial and well-established team of 30 experts advises private and public sector clients, both as customers and suppliers, on the full range of outsourcing needs, including information technology, business processes, facilities management and logistics.
Some of the world's most complex, high-value and multi-jurisdictional outsourcing deals have been made possible because of the advice given by the Gowling WLG Outsourcing team, which, according to Chambers, "should win a prize for patience and skill in keeping things moving because they ensured that everyone was on side and able to drive it through".
Clients also value that the team is "flexible, engaged and willing to understand the context. They combine this with commercial awareness, pragmatism and communication" (Chambers UK).
Choosing this team gives you the advantages of:
- Sector specialists - the size of the team means clients can call upon a critical mass of sector expertise including food and drink, financial services, health and life sciences, retail and aviation. Chambers draws particular attention to the team's specific sector expertise, noting that it is "known for handling IT infrastructure outsourcings, with notable sector experience across telecoms, health and utilities"
- Confidence - a team that has completed 30 outsourcing deals in the last five years brings an indispensable level of confidence to any deal, especially in negotiation and finding creative solutions. The team "provides great advice to get things done" and "their drafting makes all our contracts consistent so anyone in our business can use them. They are clear and concise" (Chambers UK)
- International reach - Saudi Arabian Airlines turned to the team for advice on a major project to outsource the design, build and operation of a modern 400-bed general hospital in Saudia City. Several international airlines, including Air Pacific, Brussels Airlines, Garuda Indonesia, Malaysia Airlines, Norwegian Air, Olympic Air and Oman Airhave called on the team's expertise on the outsourcing of their passenger systems services
Clients include Anglian Water, BT, Capgemini UK, Coventry City Council, GlaxoSmithKline, Malaysia Airlines, Marks & Spencer, Merrill Lynch, Sandwell Borough Council and Universal Music Group.
- Business process outsourcing - advising on outsourcing of complex and transformation business-critical processes, such as accountancy, accounts payable and receivable and funds management
- Business support services - advising on outsourcing of a wide range of business support services such as print management, cleaning, post room, security and logistics
- HR outsourcing - advising on outsourcing of HR and payroll functions
- IT Services outsourcing - advising on outsourcing of IT systems and supporting processes, including data centres, shared service centres, network and infrastructure services and applications development, implementation and support
- Property and facilities management - advising on enterprise-wide property and facilities management outsourcing arrangements