Our Commercial Disputes team delivers pragmatic commercial solutions tailored to our clients' demands. When parties fall out, clients know they can call on our extensive experience of handling all manner of domestic and international dispute, trusting us to provide robust advice and legal assistance at the most difficult of times. Whatever the size or manner of the issue, our 40-strong team is standing ready to pick up the pieces, and to help resolve complex problems in the manner best aligned with our clients' needs.
We handle a broad range of domestic and international work, seeing all kinds of commercial dispute. Recent or current cases include:
- Acting for Indian investors in defending a contractual claim for over US$51m from Formula One World Championship Limited arising out of the hosting of the Indian Grand Prix.
- Acting for six defendants in respect of a £130m High Court claim relating to an alleged unlawful means conspiracy to extort monies from a counterparty to a loan agreement.
- Representing a wealthy investor in respect of a shareholder dispute pertaining to the development of a private jet business.
- Advising a high profile corporate on a Companies Act request to release confidential shareholder information
- Acting for the majority shareholder of a national lighting and technology company in respect of a s994 minority shareholder action in the Companies Court.
- Representing the vendors of a large engineering business defending a £40m warranty claim relating to the quality of aircraft engine parts
- Acting for an international businessman on a multi-million pound asset ownership dispute across multiple jurisdictions arising out of a fraud claim.
- Acting for a classic car retailer in relation to various claims brought in the Commercial Court and Queen's Bench Division by a former customer making wide-ranging allegations including of fraud and deceit.
- Assisting a Tier I automotive supplier in a €30m dispute with a supplier regarding an exclusive supply agreement relating to the supply of power-steering motors
- Acting for three defendants in a fraud claim relating to the development of three commercial properties