Our team has a track record of successfully dealing with the most difficult enforcement scenarios and our clients take confidence from the wealth of experience and expertise within our team.
If you have non-standard lending arrangements or are facing complex enforcement issues surrounding a loan or security and are looking for bespoke advice coupled with sharp commercial instinct then our finance litigation team is here to help you.
- Representing an offshore lender in defending a litigation claim seeking damages of £136m arising from lending in relation to prime real estate in London.
- Representing a listed Indian company in relation to a loan of US$150m from a consortium of offshore branches of Indian banks.
- Advising a US lender on the enforcement of a promissory note securing lending of US$2m to a Peruvian company;
- Acting for a US funder in taking an assignment of a judgment in excess of £10m against a central bank and seeking enforcement in numerous jurisdictions around the world. The project involved co-ordinating a number of law firms from a number of different jurisdictions and understanding the various bars to enforcement in those countries.
- Advising a private equity investor in relation to an investment by way of equity and loans totalling €25m into a business based in several European jurisdictions following a dispute as to the investment;
- Advising a US lender on the enforcement of a guarantee from a Nigerian company in relation to lending of US$1m to a Rwandan business;
- Advising a consortium of UK asset based lenders in relation to a pyramid fraud type scheme valued at £2m;
- Defending a director under a guarantee for £2.1m arising from lending from an asset based lender to a UK and South Asian clothing manufacturer;
- Representing a social housing provider who faced a £1.2m claim by way of non-standard renewal terms in a finance lease for reprographic equipment;
- Advising a major credit card provider in relation to enforcement of US$1m debt from a Saudi Arabian national;
The team's work for banks and financial institutions has also included ancillary work in many hundreds of cases around enforcing money judgments, possession proceedings, initiating insolvency procedures and appointing administrators and receivers and return of goods orders.
The team's focus is always upon achieving a commercial recovery for clients and is most effective when engaged early as soon as a default or dispute is suspected.