We provide clear, fully considered advice, and place our clients' commercial interests at the heart of what we do. We strive to settle disputes wherever possible, but you can be sure that we will fight our hardest for you when necessary.
Most of our experts have a litigation background, as well as being non-contentious insurance lawyers, so we are ideally placed to identify risk; to analyse and advise on the best use of insurance; and to stress-test the cover; driving the most value from the deal for you, whilst also addressing insurer concerns.
We are embedded in the insurance market and use our industry knowledge and connections to innovate wherever possible. We often work with entrepreneurial clients to bring new and bespoke insurance products to market, including most recently in the financial services and real estate sector.
Should you require assistance in foreign jurisdictions, we can either call upon insurance experts located in our overseas offices, or we can rely upon our network of trusted insurance lawyers in other jurisdictions who share our approach to client service.
Please get in touch with one of our key contacts to discuss how we can assist you with the opportunities and challenges you face.
Our services cover the full spectrum of our clients' contentious and non-contentious requirements, including:-
- Advising on complex coverage issues in all classes of commercial insurance business, including financial lines such as directors' & officers' liability and professional indemnity policies;
- Litigation, arbitration and mediation of domestic and multi-jurisdictional disputes, including international arbitration (LCIA, ICC, UNCITRAL);
- Assisting with the procuring of policies such as warranty & indemnity, title indemnity, environmental liability, latent defects, cyber liability and pension trustee liability;
- Drafting and reviewing policy wordings;
- Advising on the structuring of complex insurance products and associated regulatory issues, including for life insurance providers and pension funds;
- Insurance due diligence on M&A deals.