Whatever the nature of your employment dispute, our experienced team can provide you with all of the support you need.
Most employment disputes that reach the High Court relate to:
- enforcement of restrictive covenants
- protection of confidential information
- breach of duties by directors and senior employees
- disputes arising out of individual and team moves to competitors
- high value bonus and incentive payment disputes
- breach of notice provisions
- dismissal of senior executives
Litigation tactics and planning are essential in order to provide a cost effective service, whether in relation to actions to enforce the provisions of service contracts, to prevent wrongdoing by former employees, or to defend financial claims brought by former employees.
The team has wide ranging experience and recent cases include:
- High Court action to enforce restrictive covenants entered as part of a settlement agreement
- pre-action applications for disclosure of unlawfully removed confidential information
- actions in relation to moves of teams to or from competitor organisations
- financial claims asserting long term rights to commissions
- claim asserting a contract for life
Early gathering of information in matters which may give rise to disputes is recommended.
We often advise on steps employers can take to safeguard their interests, including ensuring an understanding of the scope of privilege from disclosure and the tactics likely to be adopted by an opponent when proceedings are commenced.
We work with other professionals such as forensic experts and in-house teams to ensure a seamless and cost-effective service. We can also call upon our dispute resolution colleagues to assist in tracing assets fraudulently removed by employees, whether in the UK or elsewhere, and on specialist protection of intellectual property assets.
This cross-sector sharing of knowledge and expertise provides our clients with all the answers and information they need in order to be successful in the High Court or to settle out of it and is why we are the go-to litigation specialists for big-name clients in the employment sector.