The group also fields superb offshore experience. We have considerable experience of running large scale trust litigation offshore. We regularly deal with disputes in all offshore jurisdictions including: BVI, Bermuda, Cayman, Jersey, Guernsey and Singapore. As a result the team has excellent working knowledge and experience of the offshore issues facing trustees.
With our overseas offices in Paris, Monaco, Dubai, Guangzhou and Singapore we are extremely well-placed to advise on trust issues where there are international and cross-jurisdictional dimensions.
We can advise you on all aspects of contentious issues which may arise in a trust context including:
- claims by and against trustees, including breach of trust claims, construction of trust documentation and applications for Court guidance
- disputes between beneficiaries
- exercise of trustee powers
- third party attack on trusts
- constructive, resulting and sham trusts
- international and cross-jurisdictional trust and succession issues
- international asset tracing and recovery and accessory liability risks for trustees
- issues arising from foreign litigation
Winner - Private Client Specialism of the Year - Contentious Trusts and Probate, The Legal 500 UK 2014 Awards.