With the significant influx of overseas investment in UK property in recent years our investment specialists have the expertise and experience to advise on significant cross-border transactions.
We advise on the full life cycle of an asset from acquisition, development (including large scale regeneration), management and lettings, through to sale of all types of property. These include mixed use offices, shopping centres, business and retail parks, hotels, industrial estates and logistics parks, residential, private rented sector, healthcare, retirement and student accommodation.
Our wide range of clients include national housebuilders, property companies, institutions, funds, social housing providers, and private clients. A trusted adviser to many of the UK's listed companies and landed estates, we are regularly brought in to lead on high value, and complex deals and projects.
Our principal offices are located in Birmingham and London with real estate specialists in each giving us geographical coverage and knowledge of markets across the country.
Our experience includes advising:
- Development Securities and joint venture partner Patron Capital on the £82.1 million sale and purchase of Phones 4u Arena in Manchester. The joint venture acquired the 21,000 seat arena, which also boasts 128,000 sq ft office space, in 2010. Since acquisition, we have advised on a series of asset enhancement initiatives to help drive rental income and capital value
- The Crown Estate on its acquisition of the £81 million head leasehold interest in Cheshire Oaks and the 180,000 sq ft Coliseum Shopping Park
- Intu Properties on its £250 million acquisition of Midsummer Place Shopping Centre from Legal and General
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & CO LP on a 430,000 sq ft retail park portfolio acquisition from Resolution Property
- Royal London on its acquisition of 131 Finsbury Pavement, London, occupied by the Swedish Stock Exchange
Our dedicated asset management team works alongside our market leading investment practice. Unlike many law firms, this is a core business for us which enables us to give asset management the right priority and resource. Our team is both motivated by and focused on asset management. Our priorities are not split with handling large investment acquisitions which ensures that lettings receive the focus they deserve.