We are well known for our expertise in shopping centres and retail parks. Our specialist team acts on all aspects in their lifecycle, from acquisition, development, funding, letting and asset management to sale.
We act for owners, developers, local authorities and operators of some of the UK's largest shopping centres, retail parks and high street retail portfolios.
Deals we've advised on include:
- Advising Queensberry Real Estate on the development letting construction and funding of the 455,000 sq ft shopping centre at Friars Walk, Newport working closely with the local authority. One of the only new major shopping centres to open in 2015
- Acting for The Crown Estate on the £81 million head leasehold interest in the Coliseum Shopping Park, Cheshire Oaks
- Advising Intu Properties plc on its £250 million acquisition of Midsummer Place Shopping Centre from Legal and General
- Advising on the sale of SouthGate Bath from Multi to British Land
- Acting on the Brockton Pradera retail park fund on the acquisition and asset management of various retail parks
- Advising Bracknell Regeneration Limited Partnership on the long anticipated £500 million Bracknell Town Centre Regeneration which involved facilitating the vacant possession of the proposed Northern Retail Quarter and exchanging development agreements for various retail, restaurant and leisure outlets
- Acting for Shropshire Council in connection with proposals by UKCPT (as the freehold owner of the Darwin & Pride Hill shopping centres and the current leasehold owner of the Riverside shopping centre) for a 350,000 sq ft shopping centre scheme in Shrewsbury. We have advised on procurement, the structure of the arrangements for the disposal of council owned land and the use of the council's compulsory purchase powers in support of the scheme