Commercial leasing is a unique aspect of real estate and commercial law that requires specialized knowledge and skills. Gowling WLG's Commercial Leasing Group comprises some of Canada's leading lawyers with proven expertise in this multifaceted field.
Committed to delivering practical and timely results, the Gowling WLG team provides clients with cost-effective advice, innovative solutions and responsive documentation for both simple and complex transactions.
Our group offers a full range of commercial leasing services, including preparing the RFP, negotiating the offer and related leasing documents, and advising on the orderly turnover at the end of the term. We advise and represent landlords and tenants on a local and national scale on issues unique to the sector, such as:
- Cost recovery and realty tax allocations and reporting obligations
- Selecting and applying measurement standards to achieve financial objectives
- Best practices for securing covenants
- Risk allocation and insurance matters
- Restoration obligations at lease conclusion
- Environmental due diligence
- Telecommunication integration
- Operating covenants and radius restrictions
- Leasing of First Nations lands
As part of a global, full-service law firm with offices in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver, Hamilton and Waterloo Region, members of the Commercial Leasing Group have access to over 1,400 legal professionals across Canada and in the U.K., Europe, Asia and the Middle East who practice in a variety of related areas, including litigation and dispute resolution; municipal law; real estate and urban development; corporate and business law; government relations and regulatory affairs; income, commodity and real estate taxation; energy and infrastructure; trademarks and information technology; franchising and licensing; insolvency; and construction and engineering.
To learn how about how we can help you succeed in the area of commercial leasing, please contact any member of our team.