Gowling WLG has advised Bregal Milestone, a €495 million European growth capital fund, on its investment in Cafeyn, Europe's leading online digital media distribution company with 2,500 newspapers and magazines and over two million active users.
Supporting Bregal Milestone in its 7th investment, and its first in France, this latest private equity transaction showcases Gowling WLG's growing expertise in the digital and media sectors, and demonstrates the firm's commitment to supporting fast-growing companies.
All teams within the firm's Paris office advised on the deal, covering corporate, intellectual property, real estate, commercial law and litigation and financing aspects for the client.
Partner Patrick Mousset led the team, assisted by partner Simon Lowe, senior associate Ani Yavasheva and associate Géraldine Gonzalvez for all corporate aspects. Also involved were:
- Partner Céline Bey, senior associate Clémence Lapôtre and associate Fannie de Lonchamp (intellectual property)
- Partner Sylvain Canard-Volland (real estate)
- Partner Frédéric Dereux, counsel Déborah Fournet and senior associate Julie Cambianica, (commercial law and litigation)
- Partner Gaëlle Le Breton and associate Fatéma Akbarly (employment)
- Partner Danhoé Reddy-Girard (financing)
Commenting on the deal, Patrick Mousset said: "We are delighted to have advised Bregal Milestone on its successful first investment in France. It has exciting plans ahead and we are very much looking forward to working with the firm on these in the future.
"It's great to be supporting fast-growing companies like Bregal Milestone as a legal partner."