Gordon is an international arbitration specialist and has represented a number of UK and international clients in disputes throughout Europe, Brazil, India, Indonesia, Iran, Lebanon, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, the Philippines, South Korea, Tanzania, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan and the UAE.
Gordon is an experienced advocate and has appeared in a number of arbitration hearings and before the English Courts.
Gordon focuses on the construction, energy, oil & gas, shipbuilding and defence sectors working closely with clients developing projects throughout the world. He has worked for a wide range of clients including oil majors, shipyards, developers, engineering companies, contractors and State Governments.
He has been recognised in UK Best Lawyers for international arbitration and in Chambers and Legal 500 for construction and international arbitration.
- Gas Field, East Africa: advising a gas exploration company in disputes under a Production Sharing Agreement with an African State Government
- Gas Field, Indonesia: advising US oil major in disputes arising out of a Transportation Agreement and a Joint Venture Agreement
- LNG, Middle East and UK: advising multinational owners in disputes relating to the construction of LNG facilities (liquefaction and receiving) in the Middle East and the UK
- Fuel Pipeline and Marine Terminal, East Africa: ICC arbitration acting for an international joint venture owner and operator of a fuel pipeline and marine terminal in East Africa in claims against the EPC contractor
- Solar Fields, India: acting for a European supplier of equipment in disputes relating to three solar fields in India
- Nuclear Power Plant, Northern Europe: acting in a dispute for a European consortium supplying major equipment as part of an uprate and upgrade to a nuclear power station in Northern Europe
- Power Station, UK: acting for an EPC contractor in claims relating to the construction of a gas fired power station in the UK
- Power Station, Philippines: ICC arbitration acting for the international joint venture owner of a 1,000 MW power station against a German EPC contractor
- Power Station, India: UNCITRAL arbitration acting for the international joint venture owner of a 2,150 MW power station in a dispute against a State Electricity Board following cancellation of the project
- Power Station, Pakistan: ICC arbitration acting for the international joint venture owner of a 1,250 MW power station in a dispute against a Government authority under a Power Purchase Agreement
- Sulfur Handling Facility, Middle East: acting for the multi-national owners of a sulfur handling facility in the Middle East in disputes with the EPC contractor
- Aromatics Plant, South Korea: advising US supplier in disputes under supply contracts for equipment to be installed in a process plant in South Korea
- Cement Plants, Nigeria: acting for the owners and operators of a number of cement plants in Nigeria in both contractual adjudications and arbitrations
- Desalination Plants, Middle East: acting for a contractor in a number of ICC arbitrations relating to the supply and installation of equipment at various facilities in the Middle East
- International Airport, Middle East: UNCITRAL arbitration acting for a State Government as the employer under a FIDIC style contract for the rehabilitation and extension of an international airport in the Middle East
- Port Facilities, Brazil: acting for a UK employer in disputes arising out of the construction and installation of a modular jetty in Brazil
- Road, Middle East: acting for the contractor in an arbitration arising out of the construction of a road in the Middle East
- Shopping Complex, Eastern Europe: acting for the contractor in a dispute concerning delays to a flagship shopping complex in a European capital city
- Hotel, Eastern Europe: acting for the owner in an ICC arbitration against its Italian contractor for the delay to the construction of a 5 star hotel in Kiev
- Defence, Europe: acting for a consortium of defence contractors in an ICC arbitration relating to the development of a major European military aircraft programme
- Defence, Middle East: acting for a defence contractor in an UNCITRAL arbitration in relation to a number of strategic arms contracts with a Middle East State
- Defence, UK: advising an aerospace client in English Court proceedings commenced by a former employee's estate under the Fatal Accidents Act
- Shipbuilding, Germany: acting in an LMAA arbitration for a shipyard in a dispute with the purchaser of one of the world's largest super yachts
- Commission Agreement, Middle East: acting for a US supplier of satellite and telecommunications equipment in English Court proceedings concerning commission arrangements
- IT System, Middle East: acting for a credit agency in an ad hoc arbitration concerning a number of service agreements
- Supply Agreement, the Americas: acting in a pricing dispute for the supplier under long term commodities agreement
- Supply Agreement, the Americas: acting in an LCIA arbitration for the supplier of oil under a long term supply agreement following its termination
- Supply Agreement, the Americas: acting for a major bank in disputes concerning the supply of oil to a State oil company