Matomy acquires 70% of Avenlo in cross-border transaction with option to acquire the remaining 30%

1 minute read
01 April 2015

On April 15, 2015, Matomy Media Group (LSE: MTMY) announced a strategic investment in Maven Marketing Group Inc., which operates under the name Avenlo. Matomy acquired a controlling 70% interest in a newly formed company that has purchased the principal business activity and operations of Avenlo, with the option to acquire the remaining 30% of the company that is currently held by Avenlo over the next three years.

Matomy Media Group is one of the world’s leading digital performance-based advertising companies and is based in Tel Aviv. Avenlo is a leading performance email marketing and ad targeting company headquartered in Toronto. Avenlo maintains R&D facilities in Canada and the US and powers a group of world-class software architects, engineers and marketers.

We represented Avenlo in this transaction with a team led by Peter Simeon and that included David Campbell and Raj Grewal.


NOT LEGAL ADVICE. Information made available on this website in any form is for information purposes only. It is not, and should not be taken as, legal advice. You should not rely on, or take or fail to take any action based upon this information. Never disregard professional legal advice or delay in seeking legal advice because of something you have read on this website. Gowling WLG professionals will be pleased to discuss resolutions to specific legal concerns you may have.