How has the trade media model changed over the last 20 years, from print publications to digital multimedia solutions, and how is this facilitating interaction and supporting innovation in the IP sector?
In the latest podcast in our 'In Conversation with Gowling WLG' series, the interviewer becomes the interviewee as global IP partner Gordon Harris speaks to Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) managing editor, Ed Conlon.
In this episode, we delve into the world of intellectual property journalism, talking sector media models and innovation, and keeping pace with an ever-changing sector.
- Ed's journey into the world of IP journalism, covering his route from History grad to Managing Editor;
- the boom of IP and sector trade press since the 1990's and its evolution from the print world to digital media;
- working with the leading players in intellectual property, facilitating sector interaction, and connecting businesses at the IP coal face;
- the MIP business model, navigating the COVID-19 pandemic, and how the publication seeks to differentiate itself from market competition;
- the legal and business marketplace in the wake of global turbulence in 2020 and sector flux worldwide;
- the intellectual property news agenda, important sector developments, and the big issues in IP going into 2021; and
- Much more.
Our 'In Conversation' series delves into the world of intellectual property, speaking with leading figures in industry. Throughout the series, we build a picture of how the IP world works, gathering insight into the latest trends and developments.
Missed the earlier episodes? Listen to:
Register for updates from our Intellectual Property team to receive the series direct to your inbox, as well as the latest market insights from Gowling WLG's leading IP professionals.
Register for updates from our intellectual property team to receive the series direct to your inbox, as well as the latest market insights from Gowling WLG's leading IP professionals.
Lifecycle of a Smart Idea - webinar series
Register now for our 'Lifecycle of a Smart Idea' live webinar series. Offering a fresh look at the field of intellectual property, our international IP team trace the options and steps that occur over the lifetime of a "smart idea" - from the laboratory or the "eureka moment," to the branding, promotion, exploitation and beyond.