Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) has distinguished Gowling WLG's leading IP practices in Canada, the UK, Russia and UAE in the 2018 edition of its IP Stars rankings.
Since MIP began conducting its worldwide IP survey (now known as "IP Stars" listings) more than 20 years ago, Gowling WLG has been consistently ranked among the world's top IP firms. In the 2018 results, Gowling WLG's global IP teams were ranked highly for patents, trademarks and copyright:
- Canada: Tier 1, Patent Contentious and Patent Prosecution
- Russia: Tier 1, Patent Contentious; Tier 2, Patent Prosecution
- UK: Tier 2, Patent Contentious
- Canada: Tier 1, Trade Mark Contentious and Trade Mark Prosecution
- Russia: Tier 1, Trade Mark Contentious and Trade Mark Prosecution
- UK: Tier 2, Trade Mark Contentious
- UAE: Tier 2, Trade Mark Contentious; Recommended, Trade Mark Prosecution
- Canada: Tier 1
- Russia: Highly Recommended
- UK: Other Notable Firms
Widely regarded as one of the world's foremost IP rankings, MIP's "IP Stars" identify the leading intellectual property firms and practitioners from around the world based on an extensive research process. Firms are evaluated on the strength of their IP team, workload, client outcomes and overall track record.
In addition to the IP Stars rankings, earlier this month Gowling WLG's global IP teams also received top prizes at the Managing Intellectual Property EMEA Awards and the Managing Intellectual Property North America Awards.
Home to leading practices in Canada, the U.K., Russia, China, France, Germany, Singapore and the UAE; and a global network of IP associates, Gowling WLG's IP Group has been protecting and defending the intangible assets of clients for more than 125 years. With in-depth and far-reaching expertise in patents, trademarks, brands and designs, and IP litigation, our professionals assist businesses with their intellectual property needs in jurisdictions around the world.