Chambers Canada has once again distinguished Gowling WLG among Canada's leading providers of legal solutions, a recognition that speaks both to our clients' ongoing success and our deep dedication to helping them succeed.
In total, 55 lawyers earned 59 rankings across 34 categories in the 2021 edition. Alongside the individual rankings, Gowling WLG was also recommended as a leading law firm in 30 categories.
Widely regarded as one of Canada's pre-eminent rankings publications, Chambers Canada identifies the top lawyers and law firms in more than 40 categories. The rankings are based upon an in-depth research process that, among other things, encompasses interviews with clients and peers.
Gowling WLG is recognized as a leading law firm in the following categories:
Throughout this year's guide, the firm received outstanding feedback from clients, including the following:
- "The lawyers are organised and attentive. They offer great solutions to the various issues that come up and make us feel as if they have our best interests at heart."
- "reative, professional and able to assess risk on a practical basis. They are a pleasure to deal with."
- "They are an impressive group based on thoroughness and results."
- "They are the best in Canada. They all have easy-to-work-with personalities and a light touch in client interactions."
- "There are so many different strengths within the firm. The team knows exactly who to reach out to for the best advice."
Among the 55 lawyers included in Chambers Canada 2021, five of them are newly ranked: Nicolas Dubé (Energy: Provincial Regulatory), Alan James (Investment Funds: Funds Formation), Krista Schofer (Immigration), Patrick Smith (Intellectual Property: Litigation) and David Stevens (Charities/Non-Profits).
The following Gowling WLG professionals were ranked in the 2021 guide:
Chambers and Partners has consistently identified Gowling WLG's professionals among the world's leading lawyers. Earlier this year, 26 lawyers across Canada, the UK, Russia and the UAE were included in the 2020 edition of Chambers Global.
Click here to access the complete list of Chambers Canada 2021.
About Gowling WLG
With more than 1,400 legal professionals in 19 cities worldwide, we provide our clients with in-depth expertise in key global sectors and a suite of legal services at home and abroad. We see the world through our clients' eyes, and collaborate across countries, offices, service areas and sectors to help them succeed, no matter how challenging the circumstances.