In another show of intellectual property (IP) strength for Gowling WLG, the firm took home "IP Firm of the Year" at the Chambers Canada Awards gala last night in Toronto.
Noted as having "one of the best known and most long-standing IP practices in Canada," Chambers praised Gowling WLG's "standout" legal services and "market-leading reputation." The award, which recognises the firm's depth of IP expertise, was accepted by partner Scott Jolliffe.
"To receive this prestigious award from Chambers is an honour and a testament to the incredible work of our IP practitioners and support teams," said James Buchan, firm managing partner, external. "Our IP Group's experience and industry knowledge are second to none, and we pride ourselves on delivering innovative solutions to clients in Canada and around the globe."
One of the world's most recognisable and well-respected names in legal directories, Chambers' guides have identified the world's top lawyers and firms for over two decades. Now in its second year, the Chambers Canada Awards are based on research gathered for Chambers Canada 2017. This award reflects the firm's notable achievements over the past year, including its outstanding work, impressive strategic growth and excellence in client service.
In addition to this award, Gowling WLG earned 42 listings across 23 areas of law in the 2017 edition of Chambers Canada, and was recognised as a leading law firm in 23 categories.
Gowling WLG has also attained a number of other key IP accolades this year:
- Named "Firm of the Year" for Intellectual Property Law in The Best Lawyers in Canada 2017
- Ranked as one of the world's leading patent firms in 2016 edition of IAM Patent 1000
- Recognised as Canadian Firm of the Year at Managing IP's North America Awards
- Taking home the award for Russia Firm of the Year at Managing IP's 2016 Global Awards
- Winning the China Business Law Journal Award for Intellectual Property
- Earning gold status in World Trademark Review 1000 for the sixth year in a row
- Ranked for IP expertise across Canada, Russia and the U.K. in Chambers Global and Chambers Europe.
For more than 125 years, Gowling WLG has been helping the world's top organisations maximize their intellectual property assets and protect what makes them unique. With a leading global network of award-winning IP professionals, the firm's Intellectual Property Group offers unmatched expertise in patents, trademarks, brands, designs, copyright, advertising, IP litigation and more - in Canada and around the world.