Andy Stylianou is a long-standing corporate M&A / private equity partner with a range of national and international clients. He leads the firm's London corporate M&A / private equity team.
With more than 25 years' experience, Andy helps clients to understand the legal issues in corporate transactions and deal with them commercially. He certainly has 'the knowledge' and leads from the front, taking a hands-on approach to deals and guiding his clients smoothly through the transaction process.
What keeps him keen is being part of the client's team - living and breathing their business on every transaction. Andy accepts that each client is different but believes there are similar concerns and passions involved in any M&A transaction - ultimately it is about growing the business. He focuses on what the client wants to achieve and then gets stuck in to make sure we do everything possible to achieve this. He likes to share the client's 'dream'.
Andy is also Chair of the UK partnership's Representative Council, through which he works closely with the Executive Board in areas such as talent management and diversity and inclusion, and is one of the founding members of the firm's Diversity Forum and is a mental health champion.
Advising management and Livingbridge on the secondary buy-out of Isle of Man and Jersey headquartered investee company Equiom Group by LDC and management. Andy continued to advise Equiom and LDC on Equiom's subsequent acquisitions to effect its buy and build strategy, including its acquisitions of targets in the Isle of Man, Hong Kong, Jersey, Guernsey, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Singapore, Malta Monaco, Canada, Luxembourg and Inverness. He also advised Equiom on Värde Partners' investment in the group as a long-term equity partner alongside LDC to help fund future expansion in line with the group's growth strategy.
After advising Mobeus Equity Partners on its acquisition and investment in Entanet International in 2014, advising management and Mobeus, the shareholders of long-standing client Entanet Holdings, on the £29 million sale to CityFibre Infrastructure Holdings plc as part of CityFibre's successful £200 million capital raising.
Advising CBPE and management on the £183m disposal of Rosemont Pharmaceuticals to US$10bn US-listed pharmaceuticals giant, Perrigo. The strength of the firm's team across numerous specialist areas and the close relationship with CBPE, Rosemont and the Rosemont management team ensured that the firm could deliver a smooth transaction within complex commercial circumstances.
Away Resorts Limited, CBPE Capital LLP, Connect Group plc and its subsidiaries, Cooper Coated Coil, Entanet International Limited, Equiom Holdings Limited and its subsidiaries, Fisher Outdoor Leisure Holdings Limited, Livingbridge, LDC, Medica Reporting Group, Melbourn Pharmaceuticals, Mobeus Equity Partners LLP.
- After advising CBPE Capital LLP on its acquisition of and investment in Rosemont Pharmaceuticals in 2006, Andy led the firm's team advising CBPE Capital and management on the subsequent £183m sale of Rosemont to US-listed pharmaceuticals giant, Perrigo. With Andy's long relationship with CBPE Capital and Rosemont Pharmaceuticals, the transaction was an excellent fit for the firm.
- Acting for the FTSE-listed Connect Group plc on various acquisitions and disposals and large commercial contracts.
- Working with the firm's other healthcare experts, Andy led and advised CBPE Capital and management on the acquisition of Medica Reporting Limited from Nuffield Health Group. Medica is the UK's leading provider of high quality teleradiology reporting services and operator of the country's largest remote radiology reporting network.
- Advising Mobeus Equity Partners on the acquisition of and investment in Arc Specialist Engineering, Europe's largest producer of high quality non-stick coated steel for the hardware industry through its Cooper Coated Coil division.
- Advising Arc Specialist Engineering on the sale of its EWS division, the UK market leader in the production of rolled steel products for the fenestration industry.
- Advising Mobeus Equity Partners on its acquisition of and the investment in Entanet International, the UK's leading wholesale communications infrastructure provider, and subsequently advising the shareholders of Entanet Holdings on its £29 million sale to CityFibre Infrastructure Holdings plc.
- Advising CBPE Capital on numerous acquisitions, investments and sales, including AMF Bowling, Away Resorts, Gradus, IDIS, Medica Group, Rosemont Pharmaceuticals and Stewart Group.
- Advising Livingbridge on its original investment in Equiom Holdings Limited and subsequently advising management and Livingbridge on the secondary buy-out of Equiom by LDC and management. Andy continues to advise Equiom on its numerous international acquisitions as part of its buy and build strategy, and advised Equiom and its shareholders on Värde Partners' investment into the group as a long-term equity partner alongside LDC to help fund its future expansion to effect the group's growth strategy.