Chris Hunt is a leading real estate lawyer, with nearly 28 years' experience. He joined the firm in 1998 and was made a partner in 2001.
Chris is responsible for leading the firm's real estate practice, which now turns over well in excess of £80 million annually and for developing that business both nationally and internationally. He is also client relationship partner for two of the firm's largest real estate developer clients and for one of the UK's most upmarket and iconic retailers.
He has a broad real estate practice and has particular experience in advising corporate occupiers. Chris and his team help clients to acquire, dispose of and manage occupational real estate in an efficient, cost-effective way, by first building the best possible understanding of the strategic commercial drivers behind every transaction.
For many businesses, real estate is an important issue - in some cases, in the retail and leisure sectors, for example, it is strategically critical. Chris and his team work with clients across a number of sectors to understand the place of real estate in clients' businesses and advice is always given against that backdrop.
Chris' clients include St. Modwen Properties, Starbucks, Made.com, Whitbread, Intermediate Capital Group, Metro Bank and The Works.
- Advising Made.com on their main distribution hub at London Gateway comprising two warehouses for a combined rent of in excess of £4 million.
- Advising Starbucks on a number of drive-thru store acquisitions
- Strategic development and investment advice for important developer and investor clients of the firm.
- Advising one of the UK's most prestigious and iconic department stores in relation to substantial refinancing and restructuring projects, in relation to taking and letting retail and restaurant space and in relation to the real estate aspects of their £multi-billion sale.
- Acting for some of the firm's key clients in relation to £multi-million rent office leases.
- Advising a Singaporean investor in relation to investing in UK real estate.
- Advising a global coffee retailer on over 150 store acquisitions in the UK.
- Acting on the sale of a number of manufacturing sites for an iconic consumer brand, for trade use and re-development.
- Advising on the sale and leaseback of the head office of a global engineering and project management consultancy business.
- Acting for a retail bank on the high street on their store acquisition programme, from their inception, and on estate management issues.
- Advising on the sale and leaseback of a sizeable portfolio of properties for a corporate occupier client.