Cyndi D. Laval
Cyndi Laval is a partner in Gowling WLG's Vancouver office. She specializes in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, securities and mining law.
Her practice of nearly 30 years involves advising both domestic and foreign companies, boards of directors, special committees, private equity firms, and financial advisors on merger transactions, corporate finance activities, stock exchange listings, corporate and securities regulatory compliance, corporate reorganizations, corporate governance and mining transactions. Cyndi is particularly active advising publicly-listed companies (TSX, TSXV, NYSE-MKT and AIM) in the resource industry, with a particular emphasis on clients operating in South America, Africa, and the United States.
Cyndi was the leader of Gowling WLG's national Corporate Finance, M&A and Private Equity Group from 2014 to 2018, the co-leader of its Canadian Mining Group (2015-2017) and leader of the firm's Vancouver Business Law Group (2007-2011).
Prior to joining private practice, Cyndi worked in the policy department of what is now the TSX Venture Exchange.
Cyndi served as the vice chair of the American Bar Association's 2017 and 2015 Canadian Public Target M&A Deal Point Studies and sits on the boards of publicly listed companies. She was a member of the TSX Venture Exchange's Local Advisory Committee from 2006 to 2013 and an instructor of the TSX Venture Exchange Rules and Tools Corporate Governance Workshop from 2004 to 2010. She is also a frequent lecturer at conferences and seminars.
Cyndi is currently the chapter president of the Vancouver M&A Club, a unique national network of connected mergers and acquisitions professionals.
Cyndi was named one of Vancouver's 30 leading lawyers by the National Post, Vancouver "Lawyer of the Year – Mining" by The Best Lawyers in Canada (2017) and is recognized as a leading lawyer in the following publications:
- The Best Lawyers in Canada: M&A, Mining and Securities Law
- Latinvex – Latin America's Top 100 Female Lawyers
- Lexpert's Leading Canadian Lawyers: Global Mining
- Who's Who Legal: Mining
- Who's Who Legal Canada (Canada's Leading Business Lawyers and Experts)
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition on Canada's Leading Infrastructure Lawyers
- Lexpert/ROB Special Edition on Canada's Leading Corporate Lawyers
- Lexpert's Special Edition: Mining
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: Corporate Finance and Securities, Corporate Mid-Market and Mining
- International Who's Who of Mining Lawyers
- Legal 500 Canada
- Martindale Hubbell – Distinguished Peer-Rated for High Professional Achievement