Jordan T. Crone is a partner in the Calgary office of Gowling WLG, practising in the areas of commercial litigation, construction and engineering, and projects and infrastructure. He is also a member of the firm's national Expropriation Law Group and Municipal Law Group.
Jordan's clients include developers, general contractors, material suppliers, landlords and management companies as well as corporations and partnerships operating in the oil & gas sector. He has experience in the following areas:
- Construction and development-related disputes, including complex construction matters such as subdivisions, hotels, commercial property, pipelines and oil sands projects
- Builders’ liens, construction and contract disputes
- Commercial ownership disputes involving mineral rights and large-scale commercial and residential projects
- Disputes involving the enforcement, interpretation and termination of leases, including the rights and obligations of property owners and developers
- Municipal legal matters, such as bylaw compliance, health and safety, land-use designation, development and property taxes
- Oil & gas sector disputes related to contracts and leases, joint ventures and lien/caveats; and
- General corporate commercial civil litigation related to claim preparation and analysis, contractual issues and interpretation, shareholder disputes, insurance matters, corporate governance issues, and intellectual property disputes.
Jordan also has considerable experience with respect to all liquor licence matters, including the sale, distribution, regulation, shipping and licensing of alcohol products. His clients range from small batch liquor manufacturers to large distilleries, as well as multi-national and national restaurants, hotels, brewers, manufacturers of alcohol, and distributors representative of alcohol, grocery stores and food and beverage operators. He has significant experience with the Alcohol and Gaming commissions across Canada.
Over the course of his career, Jordan has represented clients successfully before the Provincial Court of Alberta and the Alberta Court of Queen's Bench at trials and in contested applications. He also has experience in all aspects of alternative dispute resolution, including judicial dispute resolution, mediation and arbitration.
Prior to joining Gowling WLG, Jordan acted as in-house legal counsel for a large-scale international construction developer and operator.
Jordan is actively engaged in the legal community as a volunteer and mentor. His past and present affiliations include: Calgary Home Builders’ Association – UDI Calgary Region (Multi-Family Building Committee member); Calgary Legal Guidance (Volunteer Lawyer); Legal Aid Alberta (Legal Services Officer); Student Legal Services of Edmonton (Supervisor); Queen’s Bench Amicus Court Assistance Program (Volunteer Lawyer); Pro Bono Law Alberta, Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project (Volunteer Lawyer).