Matt Hervey is a trusted intellectual property adviser, especially for clients with complex patent disputes.
Matt's cases have involved video compression, telecommunications (2G, 3G, LTE and others standards), aircraft design, software (algorithmic trading, consumer share trading platforms, 3D modelling), consumer electronics (inkjet printers), location sensing and traffic analysis. He has extensive experience of healthcare and Life Sciences work including monoclonal antibodies, biosimilars, toxins, medical devices and cosmetics. Matt has handled product clearances and disputes involving copyright, trade marks, designs and confidential information for clients in the aerospace, retail, fashion, automotive and financial services sectors.
Matt managed the litigation team that successfully defended three patents of the Kennedy Trust for Rheumatology Research in the first 'biosimilar' patent litigation in the UK. He managed one of the cases for Fujifim Kyowa Kirin Biologics Co., Ltd leading to the first granted "Arrow" declaration in the UK. He also has experience of high-value arbitration.
Matt has a passion for all things technological. He enjoys working with Tech companies of all sizes from start-ups to multi-nationals. He organizes Tech networking events and blogs on themes such as autonomous vehicles, AI, 3D printing, cybersecurity, robotics and the internet of things.
- Fujifim Kyowa Kirin Biologics Co., Ltd v AbbVie Biotechnology Limited and another
- Resolution Chemicals Limited v H. Lundbeck A/S
- Hospira UK Limited v The Kennedy Trust For Rheumatology Research
- Seiko Epson Corporation v Dynamic Cassette International Limited
- H. Lundbeck A/S v TDP Healthcare Logistic Limited
- Kohler Mira Limited v AKW Medi-Care Limited
- Nokia GMBH v IPCom GmbH KG
- Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV and others v Alba Plc and Amino Communications Limited
- Seiko Epson Corporation v Medea International Limited and others
- Unilin Beheer BV and another v Spanolux SA and another PAT 07003