Mike is an experienced projects, infrastructure and construction lawyer with demonstrated skills in bringing complex and varied projects to fruition. He has significant experience negotiating and drafting project agreements, construction contracts, operations and maintenance contracts, financing documents and in secondary-market merger and acquisition processes, in both a team lead and supporting capacity. Mike has worked in New Zealand, Canada and the United Kingdom and has global experience in public private partnerships (PPPs) and energy projects advising procuring government authorities, developers, contractors, lenders and export credit agencies.
Mike's experience in PPPs and PFIs includes Road, Rail, Light Transit, Hospital and Healthcare Facilities, Aged-care Facilities, Schools, Correctional Facilities, and Sports Facilities.
Mike's experience in energy projects includes PV Solar Farms, Onshore Wind, Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS), Biomass Plants, Waste to Energy Facilities, Hydrogen Electrolysers and Storage and Conventional Power Plants.
Recent Client Work:
- Advising a bidder for Saudi Arabia's Round 4 Wind Renewable Energy Projects with a combined capacity of 1.8GW.
- Advising Triple Point Energy Transition plc (TENT) on their funding of several BESS Projects being developed in the UK and Europe by Field Energy.
- Advising Pacific Green on the development of the 249 MW / 374MWh Sheaf Energy Park BESS Project.
- Advising Solar Century Africa on solar and battery projects in Malawi and Gibraltar.
- Advising Metka EGN Ltd on its development and sale of four solar PV projects totalling 190MW in the UK.
- Advising an Amey LG led consortium in respect of ongoing matters on a combined highways and street services PFI with an approximate value of £2 billion.
- Advising Ancala Biogen on their acquisition of five anaerobic digestion plants across the UK.