Parna Sabet-Stephenson is an expert in all aspects of outsourcing, technology law and e-commerce. She also advises on the legal implications of emerging technologies including blockchain and the Internet of Things.
Parna has assisted domestic and international customers and service providers in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, financial services (Canadian and foreign banks, insurance companies and credit unions), retail (brick and mortar and online businesses), pharmaceutical, energy, technology and automotive industries. She has extensive experience in structuring, negotiating and drafting various outsourcing (BPO and ITO), joint venture, technology acquisition, technology development, licensing, supply, cloud services, and complex services agreements. She also advises on all aspects of electronic commerce.
Parna is regularly called upon in respect of technology transformation and digitization projects. She co-leads the firm's FinTech and InsurTech Groups.
Parna is a member of the Canadian delegation to the e-commerce working group (Working Group IV) of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law, and is the Vice President of the Canadian Technology Law Association. She also serves on the Board of Myseum of Toronto.
Awards & recognition
Parna is recognized as one of Canada's top lawyers by the following publications:
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2019 (Information Technology)
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business 2018 (Information Technology)
- Chambers Canada: Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business 2018 (Information Technology)
- Who's Who Legal: Canada (Technology Media and Telecommunications)
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2018 ((Technology Transactions; and Computer and IT Law)
- Legal 500 Canada 2018
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2018 (Information Technology Law)
Recent comments in Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business include:
- "She is regarded by her clients as a strong team leader with 'great industry knowledge'." (2017)
- Parna Sabet-Stephenson handles outsourcing, e-commerce and consumer protection matters for domestic and international clients. Interviewees appreciate her tailored advice: "She provides really valuable advice and is able to move and adapt her resources as necessary." (2015)
- "Parna Sabet-Stephenson continues to solidify her burgeoning reputation in Canadian IT. One source said: 'I was very impressed. She added a lot of value in breaking down the key risk areas and communicating effectively with our business people'." (2014)
- "She comes highly recommended by sources, who say she is 'impressive from a substantive law perspective and from a customer service perspective' and highlight her excellent drafting skills." (2013)