Parna Sabet-Stephenson is widely recognized for her expertise in all aspects of outsourcing, technology law and e-commerce. She also advises on the legal implications of emerging technologies.
With in-depth business and legal knowledge, Parna has assisted domestic and international customers and service providers in a variety of industries. She is regularly called upon in respect of technology transformation and digitization projects, and has over two decades of experience in structuring, negotiating and drafting various outsourcing (BPO and ITO), joint venture, technology acquisition, technology development, licensing, supply, cloud services, and complex services agreements. She also advises on all aspects of electronic commerce and is a member of the Canadian delegation to the e-commerce working group (Working Group IV) of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law.
Parna leads the firm's FinTech and InsurTech groups, and was named "Lawyer of the Year" for the Fintech Practice by The Best Lawyers in Canada 2023.
A passionate advocate for women's advancement, Parna has led and supported a number of initiatives for providing leadership and career opportunities for women, including in the tech industry. She is the co-founder of Yara Leadership Society.
Awards & recognition
Parna is recognized as one of Canada's top lawyers by the following publications:
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2023 (Fintech Practice, Information Technology and Technology Law) and "Lawyer of the Year" in Fintech Practice
- Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business 2022 (Information Technology)
- Chambers Canada: Canada's Leading Lawyers for Business 2022 (Information Technology)
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2022 (Corporate Commercial Law; Corporate Mid-Market; Technology Transactions; and Computer and IT Law)
- Who's Who Legal Canada - Data 2021
Recent comments in Chambers Global: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business include:
- "Parna Sabet-Stephenson is praised by sources as "a terrific lawyer: astute and intelligent, with great business sense." She draws upon her experience in IT law to assist a broad client base drawn from sectors including retail, transportation and telecommunications." (2021)
- "Parna Sabet-Stephenson has a wide-ranging practice that encompasses e-commerce issues, outsourcing transactions and service agreements. Sources laud her for providing 'very practical and useful advice.'" (2020)
- "She is praised by clients as being 'very diligent and detail-oriented' and 'excellent for higher-end outsourcing work'." (2019)
- "She is regarded by her clients as a strong team leader with 'great industry knowledge'." (2017)
- Parna Sabet-Stephenson handles outsourcing, e-commerce and consumer protection matters for domestic and international clients. Interviewees appreciate her tailored advice: "She provides really valuable advice and is able to move and adapt her resources as necessary." (2015)
- "She comes highly recommended by sources, who say she is 'impressive from a substantive law perspective and from a customer service perspective' and highlight her excellent drafting skills." (2013)