Reena's expertise is in dealing with multi-let and portfolio acquisitions, asset management, forward funding arrangements, mixed use and commercial development projects, as well as investment in the alternatives such as student accommodation, co-living, build to rent, senior living, social housing and hotels.
Reena's clients include BAE Systems Pension Funds, Columbia Threadneedle, Empiric Student Property, Hyde Housing Association, Land Securities, LaSalle Investment Management, Orion Capital Managers, Romulus and Westminster Council.
- Reena has worked with Empiric to build an c£1 billion student property portfolio since Gowling WLG advised on setting up the client's REIT in 2014. This work includes advising on forward funding and portfolio acquisitions and various portfolio financings.
- She has advised BAE Systems Pension Funds (through LaSalle Investment Management and Columbia Threadneedle) for more than 17 years in connection with their investment portfolio, acting on acquisitions, forward funding, lettings and disposals of its portfolio of retail parks, shopping centres, leisure, student accommodation, co-living, supported living, retirement villages, offices, education, hotels, warehousing and industrial assets. Her client work includes the acquisition of a hotel and residential scheme for in Central London for £40 million and an office building in Cardiff through a Lux SPV for circa £90 million.
- Reena leads the team that works with Global Mutual and Ellandi on two former intu shopping centres known as The Victoria Centre, Nottingham and intu Milton Keynes, advising on all aspects of leasing, asset management and development/repurposing. Prior to intu's administration Reena advised intu in relation to all aspects of its redevelopment, lettings and asset management of The Broadmarsh centre in Nottingham, including its development agreement with Nottingham City Council.
- She has worked with Taylor Wimpey Central on its mixed-use developments in Central London, and advises Westminster City Council on its investment acquisitions and estate regeneration, notably Ebury Bridge, Pimlico.
- She is part of the firm's Living sector group, advising on senior living, retirement villages, student accommodation and co-living sub-sectors as well as mixed use residential and commercial.
- Reena has worked with clients to structure and transact long income and income strip acquisitions, fundings and disposals of a multitude of asset classes.
"Through leading the wider real estate team, who have the experience and breadth of expertise in all areas of law, she is able to advise us on the optimum structure and to negotiate documentation for our transactions, in any asset class, in such a way that protects our clients' best interests. She is reliable, trustworthy, pragmatic and we really enjoy working with her." – Robin James, LaSalle
"Reena is not just our lawyer. She is an important part of LaSalle's integrated team offering sound advice and challenging our views to ensure we get a well thought through outcome for our clients" – Julian Agnew, LaSalle