Reena's expertise is in dealing with multi-let and portfolio acquisitions, asset management, forward funding arrangements, mixed use and commercial development projects, as well as investment in the alternatives such as student accommodation, co-living, build to rent, senior living, social housing and hotels.
Reena's clients include BAE Systems Pension Funds, Columbia Threadneedle, Empiric Student Property, Hyde Housing Association, Land Securities, Orion Capital Managers, UCL and Westminster Council.
- Reena has worked with Empiric to build an c£1 billion student property portfolio since Gowling WLG advised on setting up the client's REIT in 2014. This work includes advising on forward funding and investment acquisitions, portfolio financing and disposals.
- She has advised BAE Systems Pension Funds (through Columbia Threadneedle) for more than 20 years in connection with their investment portfolio, acting on acquisitions, forward funding, lettings and disposals of its portfolio of retail parks, shopping centres, leisure, student accommodation, co-living, supported living, retirement villages, offices, education, hotels, warehousing and industrial assets. Her client work includes the acquisition of a hotel and residential scheme for in Central London for £40 million and an office building in Cardiff through a Lux SPV for circa £90 million.
- Reena leads our client relationship for Hyde Housing Association, most recently leading our team advising Hyde on its joint venture partnerships with AXA IM Alts and Homes England to deliver more housing and affordable housing into the sector.
- Following our successful appointment to the Land Securities legal panel, Reena leads the Gowling team advising regenco U+I on its schemes in London and the South East.
- Reena leads the team that works with Global Mutual and Ellandi on two former intu shopping centres known as The Victoria Centre, Nottingham and intu Milton Keynes, advising on all aspects of leasing, asset management and development/repurposing. Prior to intu's administration Reena advised intu in relation to all aspects of its redevelopment, lettings and asset management of The Broadmarsh centre in Nottingham, including its development agreement with Nottingham City Council.
- She has worked with Taylor Wimpey and Derwent London on their mixed-use developments in Central London, and advises Westminster City Council on its investment acquisitions and estate regeneration, notably Ebury Bridge, Pimlico.
- She is part of the firm's Living sector group, advising on senior living, retirement villages, student accommodation and co-living sub-sectors as well as mixed use residential and commercial.
- Reena has worked with clients to structure and transact long income and income strip acquisitions, fundings and disposals of a multitude of asset classes.
"Through leading the wider real estate team, who have the experience and breadth of expertise in all areas of law, she is able to advise us on the optimum structure and to negotiate documentation for our transactions, in any asset class, in such a way that protects our clients' best interests. She is reliable, trustworthy, pragmatic and we really enjoy working with her." – Robin James, LaSalle