Reena has a strong track record acting on office, retail, shopping centre, office/residential/mixed use assets and alternatives such as student accommodation, build to rent, senior living and hotels.
Reena is known for her pragmatism, commitment and energy in helping her clients to navigate their way through often complex arrangements and structures by making things as simple as possible, narrowing down the issues and getting to the point, giving clear advice and project managing any deal to a swift conclusion. Reena does not sit on the fence with her advice and works hard to anticipate issues for her clients before they become problems.
Speed in completing real estate transactions is often critical. By focusing on the main issues and working tirelessly with the parties to resolve them, Reena is able to work to tight deadlines and meet her clients' strategic needs. More recently, Reena has been working with her clients to develop augmented AI solutions to deliver the more process driven aspects of our service efficiently and cost effectively.
Reena's key client relationships are with LaSalle Investment Management, BAE Systems Pension Funds, Columbia Threadneedle, The Collective, Hyde Housing Association, Taylor Wimpey, Westminster Council, Romulus, Urban & Civic and Empiric Student Property. Reena has also been working with investors from the Middle East and China. For Reena, the biggest highlight of her job is her interaction with these clients and what she learns from them by becoming an extension of their team.
By immersing herself in the property industry and putting herself in her client's shoes, Reena adds real value to a client's business. She thinks about their needs and makes useful introductions to other contacts and clients helping her clients to overcome their challenges and achieve their goals. Clients have commented that "She's not like other lawyers. She gets it." (Listed UK property developer); and "I'd rather have her on my side in any negotiation." (Central London focused Listed REIT).
- Working with LaSalle Investment Management for BAE Systems Pension Funds Trustees on its UK acquisitions, disposals and asset management of retail, office, leisure, operational sites, student accommodation, hotel, senior living and healthcare property portfolio. Highlights include advising the pension fund on its acquisition of a portfolio of senior living accommodation and leaseback to an operator; forward purchase of supported living and student accommodation portfolios; indirect acquisition of a shopping centre through a Dutch SPV and a significant office investment acquisition through a Luxembourg SPV. More latterly, Reena has also been working with LaSalle to structure and transact income strip and long income acquisitions in the 'living' and education sector.
- Acting for Derwent London plc on its redevelopment of the former Queens Cinema in Bayswater for residential and retail use, and the redevelopment of 73 Charlotte Street for residential and office use. Reena advised on the ownership structuring, estate management strategy, implementation of the agreed structure. She also dealt with the site set up documentation, sale of the residential units and letting of the commercial units and the sale of the freehold on both schemes.
- Working with the owners of the former intu shopping centres at Milton Keynes and The Victoria Centre. Reena leads the team dealing with all aspects of leasing and asset management. Reena has previously worked on the redevelopment of intu Broadmarsh and the phased redevelopment of parts of intu Milton Keynes.
- Advising Taylor Wimpey Central on the structuring, letting and sale of its mixed use schemes at Palace View, Lambeth and Westminster Quarter.
- Helping Empiric Student Property plc to build its student accommodation portfolio to in excess of £890m by acquiring investments and forward funded development acquisitions.
- Working with Urban & Civic plc (and Terrace Hill plc formerly) for over 15 years on their commercial developments including the acquisition from Manchester Airports Group of land at Stansted Airport, the development and financing for a Hampton by Hilton Hotel and sale to L&G.