Sally A Farrall
Sally Farrall is a director at Gowling WLG UK, real estate lawyer and trusted advisor to investors in the housing sector, including supported living, BTR, asylum, homelessness, children services and senior living.
Sally has many years' experience of a wide variety of major property projects, acting for private sector landowners, commercial developers and investors, house builders, registered providers and public sector bodies. Over the last few years she has specialised in acting for investors into the social and affordable housing market, using both corporate and asset structuring models, forward funding and forward purchasing and for registered providers on complex development projects, including deal structuring and development agreements.
She has been working with major players in the supported living investment market since its earliest days and was heavily involved in the initial structuring of the product – including devising lease terms which avoid difficulties over enfranchisement, and the terms of voids agreements, voids insurance and nominations agreements.
Sally is passionate about social and affordable housing. She is proud of the strong relationships built with clients over the years based, not only on her in-depth knowledge and experience of the sector, but also her collaborative and responsive approach and her drive to find solutions and 'get the deal done'.
Her recent experience includes:
- the acquisition and letting of numerous supported living schemes (including by the acquisition of the shares in a special purpose vehicle and subsequent hiving-up of the assets intra-group);
- the sale of portfolios of supported living apartments between funds (including by forward sale);
- acting for a major pension fund on the development and letting of a 183 unit BTR scheme in London;
- acting for a major pension fund on the forward funding and letting of an 80 bed care home;
- devising and implementing a high-turnover process for acquiring housing for asylum-seekers to be operated under a central government contract.