Sunil is a corporate finance lawyer based in the Firm's London office and the Chair of the Firm's Corporate Group.
He has over 35 years' experience advising UK and foreign companies, financial institutions and high net worth individuals and families on public and private mergers and acquisitions (both domestic and cross-border), capital markets transactions (including IPOs and secondary issues on the Main Market and AIM), private equity investments, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
As joint head of the Firm's India Group, Sunil also advises Indian companies, financial institutions and high net worth individuals and families on a wide range of cross border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, disposals and capital raising in the UK and elsewhere in Europe.
He is also a member of the Gowling WLG International Board with a focus on the growth and development of the Firm's network in Asia and a Board co-sponsor of the Firm's ethnic diversity network, EmbRACE.
Sunil's clients include listed and large private companies in the UK and abroad, operating primarily in the renewable energy, technology, media & entertainment and professional and business support services sectors, as well as financial institutions and high net worth individuals and families.
- Advising GCP Student Living plc on a £969 million recommended cash offer by a consortium comprising of Scape Living PLC and iQSA Holdco Limited.
- Advising Codemasters Group Holdings plc on a £759 million recommended cash and shares offer by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc and the subsequent £945 million recommended cash offer by Electronic Arts Inc.
- Advising the management team of IWSR on their reinvestment as part of a buy-out of IWSR backed by Bowmark Capital.
- Advising Codemasters Group Holdings plc on its acquisition of Slightly Mad Studios Pte Ltd for a consideration of up to £151 million and its associated secondary fundraising of £20 million.
- Advising Codemasters Group Holdings plc on its AIM IPO raising £185 million.
- Advising Mytrah Energy Limited on a £79 million recommended cash offer by Raksha Energy Holdings Limited.
- Advising Wilmington plc on its £19 million acquisition of Health Service Journal.
- Advising the founders of Roof-Maker Limited on the £30 million sale of Roof-Maker Limited to Next Wave Partners.
- Advising Greenko Group plc on its US$255 million sale of a majority interest in Greenko Mauritius to GIC (the Singapore sovereign wealth fund).
- Advising Greenko Group plc on secondary fundraisings on AIM totalling £122 million.
- Advising Greenko Mauritius, a subsidiary of Greenko Group plc, on a number of investments, including a US$46 million equity investment by Global Environment Fund, a US$70 million investment by Standard Chartered, a US$150 million equity investment by GIC and a US$125 million investment by EIG Global Energy Partners.
- Advising The Fine Art Auction Group Limited, a subsidiary of The Stanley Gibbons Group plc, on its £8.6 million recommended cash offer for Mallett PLC.
- Advising The Stanley Gibbons Group plc on its £45 million recommended cash and shares offer for Noble Investments (UK) plc.
- Advising The Stanley Gibbons Group plc on secondary fundraisings on AIM totalling £46 million.
- Advising Take Global Limited on its acquisition of WCI Consulting Group Limited.
- Advising Acorn Global Investments Limited on its cash offer for Dhir India Investments plc.