With a crucial role in society, the health care sector is under constant scrutiny from the public, regulators, clinical practitioners and governments. You need lawyers who understand the commercial priorities, regulatory backdrop and challenges facing the sector.
The fast-paced and innovative nature of the industry calls for a legal team that provides sector insight and know-how - new medical advances occur daily. Your lawyers should be operating at the forefront of this dynamic sector, helping you keep abreast of the issues that matter.
Gowling WLG operates on a global scale at a time when health care is becoming increasingly international. Our lawyers understand the interplay between jurisdictions and share best practices. Our comprehensive health care offering includes specialists in commissioning, outsourcing, corporate mergers and acquisitions (M&A), capital markets, regulatory, data protection, commercial, Intellectual Property (IP), employment, banking and procurement law.
We'll help you navigate the highly regulated landscape when government and regulatory scrutiny is at an all-time high. With increased potential liability relating to your products and services, our high-quality legal advice can be crucial.
In-depth sector insight
From strategic projects through to joint ventures, social enterprises, procurement support and employment-related advice, our team is helping governments offer greater choice and flexibility in the provision of health care.
Leading private health care providers and investors also call upon our team's M&A, capital markets, finance and private equity professionals to deliver major transactions. We have extensive experience in advising clients in the care home sector, including those involved in residential care homes, retirement villages and homes for people in need of psychiatric or dementia care.
Our team boasts significant experience of advising borrowers and lenders on care home, LD, domiciliary care and specialist unit acquisition and development financings, as well as on the financing and development of private hospitals.
Advances in communications and technology have yet to fulfil anything like their full potential in health care. But, in a world in which the number of mobile phones outnumbers people and where genetics can predict which conditions will strike years before they do, the potential for digital health is enormous. We are a global leader in digital health, bringing together sophisticated experience in health care, life sciences and technology to help our clients maximise opportunities.
Examples of our work
- Advising Formation Capital LLC on its acquisition (and related financing) of the of NHP Group/HC One for £477 million
- Acting on the sale of Cygnet Health to Universal Health Services
- Advising Golden House on its £30 million acquisition of St Cloud Care
- Advising on the sale and leaseback to a US Reit of the Circle Hospital in Bath
- Acting for Circle Group on a cash placing and subscription to raise £47.5 million and on a group-wide reorganisation and streamlining of its real estate and business operations
- Advising St Martin's Healthcare Limited, a subsidiary of HCA Holdings Inc., on its recommended cash offer for PLUS-quoted General Medical Clinics Plc
- Advising Regard Holdings Limited on the £71 million re-financing of existing debt, which involved an intra-group reorganisation
- Representing Voyage Care on its £8.5 million plus earn out acquisition of Partners in Specialist Care, a provider of home-based nursing for adults and children with brain and spinal injuries and complex neurological conditions
- Acting for Santander on £35 million joint venture development financing for three care homes
Find out more
When it comes to health care, Gowling WLG is hard to beat. Get in touch and let's work together to achieve success.