Competition law issues are increasingly challenging, with critical implications that often transcend national borders. Whether you're the subject of a cartel investigation or a class action, considering an acquisition, dealing with pricing or distribution issues, accused of misusing market power or countering a competitor's latest move in the market, you need access to knowledgeable and experienced competition lawyers you can trust.
With a strong track record of success, the specialists at Gowling WLG will steer you through this complex and dynamic area, providing competitive advantage, technically sound, strategic advice and absolute certainty on what needs to be done - and when and why it needs to happen.
More often than not, you need solutions fast. Our team responds quickly in any situation across a range of key industry sectors, including agrochemicals, aviation, automotive, construction, energy, fast-moving consumer goods, food and drink, healthcare, heavy engineering, life sciences, and technology, media and telecommunications.
Clients worldwide trust and value our expertise and view our team as an extension of their in-house team. We're constantly looking for technically sound and practical solutions to the problems that others may not see, while sharing knowledge of processes and tactics gained from working within competition and regulatory authorities.
Combining both trial and antitrust specialists, our team prides itself on resolving clients' issues that arise with respect to a full range of competition and antitrust issues, including:
- Cartels - multi-jurisdictional civil and criminal investigations and inquiries, including internal investigations and leniency and immunity applications
- Co-operative arrangements and strategic alliances
- Criminal prosecutions of individuals
- Daily counselling for both global corporations and innovative new market entrants
- IP/competition law interface - including FRAND and misuse of regulatory systems
- Merger clearance - both national and multi-jurisdictional, including foreign investment review where necessary
- Monopolisation (dominance)
- Pricing issues
- Private competition litigation and arbitration, including national and cross-border antitrust class actions
- State aid
- Strategic opinions in relation to business-critical issues
- Supply and distribution strategies
- Trade association issues
Gowling WLG also offers you business critical planning to minimise your exposure to antitrust risks in the achievement of your commercial goals. We provide practical support and strategic thought leadership, particularly in the context of merger review, and vigorously defend antitrust litigation and investigations.
We're experienced in running complex cases before competition law enforcement bodies, including the Canadian Competition Tribunal and courts, the European Commission, the European Court of Justice and the courts of the EU Member States, including the English High Court and Competition Appeal Tribunal.
With over 1,500 legal professionals around the world, you can count on Gowling WLG to mobilise the right resources to effectively deal with the competition/antitrust issues you face - while delivering exceptional service, value and results. Please contact us to find out more.