People are critical to the success of your business - and they're just as critical to our success. At Gowling WLG, our team of 40+ employment and labour law professionals can help you manage your people so you can capitalize on opportunities and achieve your goals.
From hiring practices, complying with legislation and managing challenges, to ending the relationship or protecting your assets, we know the law - and we also understand the employment and labour challenges facing your business.
Whether you're a multinational company, a mid-sized operation managing its growth or a local entrepreneur just starting out, we have the specialized knowledge and skills to help you manage your people and resolve your legal issues.
Our comprehensive experience spans a range of key sectors, including manufacturing, energy and natural resources, financial services, life sciences, media and advertising, professional services, projects and infrastructure, retail, technology and many more.
With lawyers in business centres across Canada, we hold in-depth expertise in areas that are essential to your commercial success, such as:
- Employment law
- Labour relations
- Health and safety
- Human rights and discrimination
- Workplace privacy
- Absence management
- Disability accommodation
- Workers' compensation
- Termination advice and strategy
- Employment litigation and alternate dispute resolution
We also work closely with our firm colleagues in the areas of immigration, health & safety, pensions, tax, privacy and capital markets to ensure you benefit from the value of our combined knowledge, experience and skills.
Timely advice, seamless service
Workplace issues often require urgent attention and decisive action. They don't always arise between 9 and 5, and they often can't wait until tomorrow. Our top-tier team understands your need for timely and practical advice, and works at your pace to ensure you always receive the support you need - right when you need it.
And we don't just work for you. We'll work with you by becoming a part of your team, improving your capacity to manage your workplace issues. Regardless of whether you're based in a single location or in multiple regions, we'll collaborate seamlessly with you, drawing on the collective strength of our group to develop practical solutions for your organization.
Our labour and employment success stories speak for themselves:
- We represented the government of the province of Québec in its negotiation of multiple collective agreements involving 500,000 civil servants.
- We act for a leading financial institution defending a class action lawsuit brought for payment of overtime pay.
- We act for a global retailer defending a high-profile, $1 million+ claim involving allegations of discrimination and harassment.
- Every day, we negotiate favourable resolutions to disputes, and help our clients avoid the time, cost, and effort of litigation.
- We also help our clients expand their businesses through acquisitions by advising on the myriad issues that arise in complex deals.
- Our clients speak highly of us and refer us to their colleagues in other businesses. To us, there is no greater compliment.
Gowling WLG is home to more than 40 employment and labour professionals - among them, some of the most highly ranked lawyers by leading national and international rating agencies, including Chambers Global and The Best Lawyers in Canada. We deliver unrivalled expertise and service to our clients. But what we also offer them is a competitive advantage.
As a leader in our industry, our team shares one goal: to make sure you're a leader in yours. To find out how we can help your business succeed, please contact any member of our group.