Have you ever wondered what it is really like to be in charge of intellectual property at a huge IP based business like Dyson?
In the latest podcast from our series, 'In Conversation with Gowling WLG', partner Gordon Harris chats with Simon Forrester, Group IP Director at Dyson, and the man responsible for protecting the global technology giant's ever-expanding product line.
In our second episode, we find out first-hand what life is really like for Dyson's In-house Counsel, operating at the cutting edge of technology innovation. We explore:
- Simon's road to Dyson and into the world of intellectual property - from private practice lawyer to IP front-of-house for a world renowned brand;
- roles and responsibilities as Dyson's head of IP, and the pressures and privileges of leading a global team;
- the ten-year evolution of Dyson from British vacuum manufacturer to worldwide tech powerhouse;
- controlling the Dyson brand and protecting its IP assets, trademarks and designs in the international marketplace;
- driving personal and professional development at all levels and bringing through the next generation; and
- much more.
Our 'In Conversation' series delves into the world of intellectual property, speaking with leading figures in industry. Throughout the series, we build a picture of how the IP world works, gathering insight into the latest trends and developments.
Missed the first episode? Listen to 'Inventor or creator: How is AI's rapid development influencing the evolution of IP protection?', in which Gordon Harris chats with Ulrike Till, Director of the Division of Artificial Intelligence Policy at the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO).
Register for updates from our intellectual property team to receive the series direct to your inbox, as well as the latest market insights from Gowling WLG's leading IP professionals.
Lifecycle of a Smart Idea - webinar series
Register now for our 'Lifecycle of a Smart Idea' live webinar series. Offering a fresh look at the field of intellectual property, our international IP team trace the options and steps that occur over the lifetime of a "smart idea" - from the laboratory or the "eureka moment," to the branding, promotion, exploitation and beyond.