From Rugby-playing second row, Treat-sized chocolates and trademark trapdoors, to fronting IP litigation in the UK trying some of the most important and memorable patent cases of the last forty years.
In the latest podcast in our 'In Conversation with Gowling WLG' series, global IP partner Ron Dimock speaks to premier United Kingdom IP barrister, and King'sCounsel, Andrew Waugh KC.
In this episode, we delve deep into the world of patent litigation and dispute resolution, to explore:
- litigating with, and against, some of the world's foremost legal minds, on some of the largest scale and most impactful, important, and controversial IP cases of recent times;
- the evolution of patent litigators over five decades, from the smaller Bar of the 80's to the booming, big business litigation of the present;
- Treat-sized chocolates, trademark trapdoors, and tales from the IP front on an A to Z of patent subjects;
- encountering new technologies, the growth and development of pharmaceutical and biotechnologies, and promoting innovation;
- litigating on High Court, Court of Appeal, and Supreme Court action, and taking the silk as King's Counsel; and
- Much more.
Our 'In Conversation' series delves into the world of intellectual property, speaking with leading figures in industry. Throughout the series, we build a picture of how the IP world works, gathering insight into the latest trends and developments.
Missed the earlier episodes?
Subscribe to Intellectual Property: In conversation with... on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Podcasts
Register for updates from our intellectual property team to receive the series direct to your inbox, as well as the latest market insights from Gowling WLG's leading IP professionals.
Your global IP resource centre
The world has changed and with it the way we and our clients work. With digital channels replacing face-to-face meetings, our response has been to provide a comprehensive resource hub where you can stay connected with us as your legal partner.
Gowling WLG has the tools you need to harness the full potential of your intellectual property.
From our IP Law Hub you can access our complete library of articles and videos, subscribe to updates or register to join us at live webinars. You can also find an IP professional near you if you need to discuss a legal matter. We're to here help, so please get in touch.