43 Gowling WLG lawyers have been named 'Best Lawyers® in the United Kingdom' in the 12th Edition of the global peer review publication, with two named 'Lawyers of the Year' for 2024.
Securing 49 rankings in total, lawyers from the firm's Birmingham and London offices are awarded the title of 'Best Lawyers®' for their legal expertise, as well as their ethics and professionalism of the highest calibre.
Covering a total 19 speciality practice areas, the latest results include a further six rankings on the previous edition. Partners Paul Carberry (Pensions practice) and Paul Feathers (Pensions Practice) are named Best Lawyers®, while partners Charles Bond (additional rankings for Capital Markets Law, Energy and Natural Resources Law) and Luke Kempton (additional ranking for Life Sciences Law) receive new practice area rankings this year. Principal associate Siobhain Doherty (Investment Funds and Private Equity) is also named in the "Ones to Watch" list in 2024.
Celebrating further individual success, partner Charles Bond (Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Energy and Natural Resources Law, and Capital Markets Law) is recognised for his expertise in three practice areas. Partners Paul Inman (Intellectual Property Law, Life Sciences Law), Luke Kempton (Intellectual Property Law, Life Sciences Law), Martin Thomas (Litigation, Real Estate Law), and Of Counsel Julian Pallet (Banking and Finance Law, Insolvency and Restructuring Law), are each named in two legal categories.
Cementing their success in 2024, partners Martin Chitty (Employment Law) and Nick Turner (Real Estate Finance) are named in Best Lawyers®' exclusive 'Lawyers of the Year' list. The list showcases the premier lawyers in their respective fields among peers in 2024. This additional recognition is awarded to individual lawyers with the highest overall peer feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region, with only one lawyer recognised for each specialty and location.
Gowling WLG is also recognised in Best lawyers'® "Top-Listed City Awards" list, for the single greatest number of lawyers recognised across Birmingham (21 lawyers) in 2024.
Best Lawyers® is one of the oldest and most respected peer review publications in the legal profession. The annual list of outstanding lawyers is compiled through an unbiased legal referrals process, surveying tens of thousands of the industry's leading figures.
Rankings for Gowling WLG's France and Germany lawyers are to be announced later this month.
See below for our complete list of UK lawyers featured in Best Lawyers® in 2024:
Best Lawyers® in the United Kingdom
- Bernardine Adkins: Competition Law
- Robert Armour: Energy and Natural Resources Law
- Verity Barker: Arbitration and Mediation
- Gordon Bell: International Arbitration
- Richard Black: Pensions Practice
- Charles Bond: Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Energy and Natural Resources Law, and Capital Markets Law
- David Brennan: Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Chris Brierley: Banking and Finance Law
- Paul Carberry: Pensions
- Jonathan Chamberlain: Employment Law
- Martin Chitty: Employment Law (named Employment Law "Lawyer of the Year")
- Jason Coates: Pensions Practice
- John Cooper: Competition Law
- Nicholas Cunningham: Intellectual Property Law
- Patrick Duxbury: Intellectual Property Law
- Paul Feathers: Pensions Practice
- Elizabeth Gane: Pensions Practice
- Richard Green: Construction Law
- Gordon Harris: Intellectual Property Law
- Julian Henwood: Corporate Finance Law
- Paul Inman: Intellectual Property Law and Life Sciences Law
- Luke Kempton: Intellectual Property Law and Life Sciences Law
- Michael Luckman: Intellectual Property Law
- Hugh Maule: Corporate Finance Law
- Jeremy Millington: Corporate Finance Law
- Lee Nuttall: Tax Law
- Michael O'Shea: Construction Law
- Julian Pallett: Banking and Finance Law and Insolvency and Restructuring Law
- Ashley Pigott: Construction Law
- Clark Sargent: Litigation
- Andrew Smith: Litigation
- Gillian Stewart: Real Estate Law
- Martin Thomas: Litigation Law and Real Estate Law
- Peter Thorne: Real Estate Law
- Joanne Tibbott: Pensions Practice
- Mike Trainer: Real Estate Law
- Nick Turner: Real Estate Finance (named Real Estate Finance "Lawyer of the Year")
- David Vaughan: Corporate Finance Law
- Ian Weatherall: Insolvency and Restructuring Law
Best Lawyers® in the United Kingdom: Ones to Watch
- Siobhain Doherty: Investment Funds and Private Equity
- Aaron Dunning-Foreman: Pensions Practice
- Charlotte Scholes: Pensions Practice
- Kate Seabourne: Investment Funds and Private Equity