Jeremy is one of the Firm's most experienced Corporate Partners, renowned for using his experience and market knowledge to help his clients stay in control of deals in order to maximise value and minimise risk. He advises on strategic investments, shareholder agreements, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and restructuring. Jeremy has been named as a Leading Individual by Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 for the last 15 years, highlighting the depth of his expertise. He applies his 'hands on' commercial experience to ensure key issues that could impact his clients' businesses are identified and resolved, and projects are delivered on time and on budget.
Jeremy is one of the Firm's most experienced Corporate Partners and heads up our UK Company Secretarial and Corporate Governance Service. He is renowned for using his experience and market knowledge to help his clients stay in control of deals in order to maximise value and minimise risk. He advises on strategic investments, shareholder agreements, mergers and acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and restructuring and has particular experience is public takeovers, equity markets regulation, private equity and real estate.
Jeremy's clients are UK and global mid-sized and major corporates, UK listed and traded public companies, private equity investors and real estate investors and developers. Over half of Jeremy's work involves international corporates or funds, either as buyers, sellers or targets. As well as helping global companies buying and investing in the UK and Europe, he also regularly advises UK clients acquiring businesses around the world. Many of the major restructuring and M&A projects on which he works routinely require the management and coordination of work streams in multiple jurisdictions.
Jeremy has been rated as a leading individual in UK legal directories The Legal 500 and Chambers for more than 15 years. The former has described him as having 'deep experience of public takeovers', while Chambers commends him as 'a great negotiator who keeps his cool'. He applies his 'hands on' commercial experience to ensure key issues that could impact his clients' businesses are identified and resolved, and projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Jeremy advised De Rigo, one of the largest optical retailers in Europe, on its agreement with Alliance Boots to merge Dollond & Aitchison and Boots Opticians and create a combined business with almost 700 branches and more than 5,000 employees.
- He was called on by Delcam, a leading manufacturing software supplier, on its £172 million public takeover by US corporate Autodesk, 16 years after he acted for Delcam on its flotation.
- He has led teams advising The Hut Group, one of the world's largest online beauty and wellbeing retailers, on several transactions, including the acquisitions of Eclectic Hotel Group, Language Connect and Eyeko.
- He has worked for private equity investor LDC on many transactions, including its £22 million investment in leading lifestyle brand Joules.
- He has advised SLR Consulting, a leading global environmental consultancy, for over a decade, including on private equity investments by 3i in 2008 and by Charterhouse Capital Partners in 2018.
- He has advised JP Morgan Asset Management on several corporate real estate transactions, including the £82.5 million sale of Exchequer Court, London, to the Queensland Superannuation Fund.