Navin Prabhakar has wide experience on a broad range of domestic and international debt financing transactions including acquisition finance, general corporate lending, healthcare real estate development finance transactions, bond issues and with a particular focus on social housing finance.
Navin has a real passion for delivering the deal that his clients are seeking. He takes full ownership of matters from start to finish, proactively managing transactions to remove stress from his clients' shoulders wherever possible.
Navin has a well balanced mix of both borrower and lender experience and brings both of these elements into handling transactions to enable his clients to reach their desired position.
Despite giving all that is required to get the job done in the required timescales, Navin maintains both a level head in stressful situations and a great sense of humour.
Although the banking and finance world is largely transaction orientated, Navin finds building long term relationships with clients the most rewarding aspect of his role.
From his previous career as a pharmacist, Navin understands the healthcare sector and the pressures faced by general practitioners, pharmacists and dentists on a day-to-day basis which has assisted him greatly when advising banks on the development and investment funding that they provide to healthcare professionals to develop multi-disciplinary healthcare centres.
Navin prides himself on delivering the best deal for his clients, this involves taking a pragmatic, commercial approach and having an understanding of the sector that his clients operate in and the day-to-day pressures that they face.
Leading the financing aspects of LDC-backed buyouts of Evolution Funding and Solid Solutions, both of which were winners of deal of the year at the Inside Midlands Dealmakers Awards.
Navin acts for both lenders (including major clearing banks and local authorities) and for borrowers (including social housing providers and private equity backed borrowers). He has worked alongside the Sanctuary Housing treasury team for over eight years delivering a wide range of strategic initiatives.
- Advising a registered provider on its £350 million loan facility from the European Investment Bank. This was the first time that EIB had invested directly into the sector.
- Concurrently negotiated with multiple lenders in relation to Sanctuary Group's acquisition of the distressed social housing group, Cosmopolitan This was an extremely important transaction for the sector.
- Advising a local authority on the provision of a revolving credit facility to develop over 800 units of residential housing.
- Advising the Sanctuary Group on numerous financing initiatives and structures including revolving credit facilities, bond tap issues, transfers of engagements and restructuring assets to improve overall gearing.
- Regularly advises a bank lender on transactions relating to the provision of funding for the acquisition of land and the development of multi-disciplinary health centres.
- Led on the banking side of LDC's investment in respect of the acquisition and management buyouts of Evolution Funding and Solid Solutions.
- Advising a developer client in relation to its funding requirements to build a new shopping centre.