The programme provides direct assistance to businesses for their human resource management and worker skills development activities, whether on the job, online or remotely, so that they can use the current pause to upgrade the skills of their workforce and thus be ready for the economic recovery. In addition, it will help reduce the negative impacts that the health crisis or economic downturn could have on businesses.
The program can also support businesses that will, in the short or medium term, have to make changes to their usual activities in order to continue their operations, as well as businesses that, once the current crisis has subsided, will want to resume their activities and increase their business revenues. In all cases of on-the-job training, the terms and conditions will have to comply in all respects with public health guidelines.
Eligible clients for the Business component
- Self-employed workers (incorporated or unincorporated) with employees
- Social economy enterprises
- Non-profit and community organizations active in communities
- Employee and employer associations
- Professional associations
- Employer groups
- Workers' organisations.
Collective Developers Component
The Labour Market Partners Commission is committed, among other things, to a collective approach to meeting the training needs of companies and the workforce. This emergency programme is thus aimed at organisations whose actions affect several businesses and people in employment in order to generate a multiplier effect. Its flexibility will enable promoters to respond quickly to the needs of their clienteles.
Eligible Clienteles for the Group Promoters Component
- Sectoral labour force committees
- Joint committees set up following a decree
- Training mutuals recognized under the Regulation respecting training mutuals
- Community organizations that sit on the CPMT
- Employers' associations recognized by the CPMT
- Legally constituted workers' associations
- Franchisors, who operate a business under the name of
- Clients who have an approved training service and who organise training courses for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in their industrial field.