As long ago as 1892, a judge reportedly said that, short of losing all his family by influenza, the worst thing that could happen to a person was to become involved in patent litigation. Is this still the case, or are there sound strategies and tactics which can make the experience more gainful, resulting in protection for your IP and your business?
In this episode of our series, The Life Cycle of a Smart Idea, Gowling WLG's IP professionals from around the world examine patent litigation strategy in the early stages. Topics include:
- Which jurisdiction is best?
- If you are a likely defendant is it best to get in first with an invalidity action?
- Are there different levels of court available and if so which is best?
- How can you manage costs so they do not run away?
- What are the key early steps to build the best platform for the case ahead?
- Is there any merit in seeking interim relief?
This webinar series is designed to give you great insight into the life cycle of a smart idea, and to enable you to plan ahead to maximise benefits and opportunities. Visit our website, GowlingWLG.com, or our dedicated digital IP platform, GoXL.gowlingwlg.com, to register for these events and view past events from this series, as well as a host of further IP information, news and updates.
We very much look forward to seeing you at both of these webinars so you can be "battle ready" when the first bell sounds in patent litigation.
LSO: These programs are eligible for up to 1 hour of Substantive content
Quebec: A certificate of attendance will be issued to professionals after these sessions
LSBC: These programs are eligible for up to 1 hour toward the LSBC's CPD requirement
LSAB: These programs are eligible for up to 1 hour of credit toward the CPD program