The global real estate market is dynamic and complex. To navigate this challenging and fast-moving industry, you require responsive legal advisers with an in-depth knowledge of international and local markets: responsive, accessible and able to execute your transactions seamlessly.
Gowling WLG is home to one of the world's strongest multi-disciplinary real estate legal teams. We're committed to providing you with timely, practical advice to help you meet the demands of customers, partners, regulators and investors.
We work alongside many of the sector's most successful companies and have helped to deliver numerous high-profile projects, advising throughout their lifecycle.
Our large, specialist team brings extensive personal experience of a wide range of assets. That means even where you are dealing with an unusual asset, we are likely to have expertise in that area. Our experience includes: railway stations, air and sea ports, bridges, recycling plants, district heating schemes, exhibition centres, power stations, schools, hospitals and many others.
We also have a strong track-record in the tech sector and so are well placed to respond as digital technologies begin to transform the way we use and manage our buildings, towns and cities.
While advancing your business goals is always our top priority, we know that your budget is finite. With this in mind, we optimise your legal spend by implementing efficient fee strategies, offering competitive rates and anticipating costs as far in advance as possible.
Fully integrated, we offer legal services across our global offices. Whatever the matter, we deliver quality that enables you to derive maximum value from your deals and resolve your transactions quickly and efficiently.
Because every job is different, every team we build is different. Your needs will be matched with the right expert in the right location. At all times, we look to save you money by using our people who work outside higher cost centres and utilising innovative proprietary systems for the delivery of legal services.
Examples of our work
We act for clients involved in all aspects of the Real Estate sector, here is a small selection of examples of recent work, advising:
- Blackstone on the acquisition of UK student accommodation company IQ from Goldman Sachs for £4.66 billion, this being a portfolio of 76 student accommodation sites across the UK
- Rockwell on a £106 million investment deal with Aviva Investors to forward fund the development of a 400-bed Premier Inn hotel in Canary Wharf
- Counsel to Fiera Properties Limited in the launch of its diversified open-ended property fund, the Fiera Properties CORE Fund - the largest Canadian open-ended core property fund in more than 20 years - representing $352 million in equity capital from investors
- Stamford Land, a Singaporean investment company, on the £260 million acquisition of 8 Finsbury Circus, a £260 million 177,000 sq ft Grade A development from Mitsubishi Estate London Limited
- Aldgate Developments on the 15 year lease of the One Braham office development in Aldgate, London to BT for its UK headquarters
- Counsel to a new Canadian real estate fund created by Standard Life Investments, which raised $77 million in initial equity
- IM Properties on their pre let of 2,940,000 sq ft to Jaguar Land Rover at IM's site at Junction 11 of the M42
- Arden Cross Limited on their proposals for the HS2 Interchange Station in Solihull.
- A joint venture between Blackstone and Telelreal Trillium on the acquisition of the £1.4 billion Network Rail commercial estate portfolio of 5,200 properties in England and Wales
- Counsel to Brookfield Capital Partners Ltd., the private equity group of Brookfield Asset Management Inc., in the provision of a US$130-million senior-secured term loan to North American Palladium Ltd
- Wise Living (part of SDL Group) in putting in place a £36 million facility to fund acquisitions of new homes for the Build to Rent market.
We're eager to hear about the challenges you face, and to help you seize the next opportunity. Please contact any member of our team to learn more about the legal services we offer.