The global real estate market is dynamic and complex. To navigate this challenging and fast-moving industry, you require responsive legal advisers with an in-depth knowledge of international and local markets: responsive, accessible and able to execute your transactions seamlessly.
Gowling WLG is home to one of the world's strongest multi-disciplinary real estate legal teams. We're committed to providing you with timely, practical advice to help you meet the demands of customers, partners, regulators and investors.
We work alongside many of the sector's most successful companies and have helped to deliver numerous high-profile projects, advising throughout their lifecycle.
Our large, specialist team brings extensive personal experience of a wide range of assets. That means even where you are dealing with an unusual asset, we are likely to have expertise in that area. Our experience includes: railway stations, air and sea ports, bridges, recycling plants, district heating schemes, exhibition centres, power stations, schools, hospitals and many others.
We also have a strong track-record in the tech sector and so are well placed to respond as digital technologies begin to transform the way we use and manage our buildings, towns and cities.
While advancing your business goals is always our top priority, we know that your budget is finite. With this in mind, we optimise your legal spend by implementing efficient fee strategies, offering competitive rates and anticipating costs as far in advance as possible.
Fully integrated, we offer legal services across our global offices. Whatever the matter, we deliver quality that enables you to derive maximum value from your deals and resolve your transactions quickly and efficiently.
Because every job is different, every team we build is different. Your needs will be matched with the right expert in the right location. At all times, we look to save you money by using our people who work outside higher cost centres and utilising innovative proprietary systems for the delivery of legal services.
Examples of our work
- Advised HSBC Alternative Investments on the purchase of Brindley place, Birmingham, for £260 million
- Advised on the Ballymore Snowhill scheme, including the development and funding of Three Snow Hill
- Acted for Hearst Magazines UK on its relocation to a new HQ in Leicester Square, London.
- Advised on the disposal of the UK logistics platform industrials.co.uk to Stenprop for £127 million
- Advised on Amazon's 2.2m sq ft let at Roxhill and Port of Tilbury's 70-acre London Distribution Park in Essex
- Acted for Prologis regarding the pre-let to Screwfix of a 600,000 sq ft distribution facility at Prologis Park worth £55 million
- Advised The Crown Estate on the 150,000 sq ft extension to the Fosse Park shopping centre
- Counsel to Fiera Properties Limited in the launch of its diversified open-ended property fund, the Fiera Properties CORE Fund - the largest Canadian open-ended core property fund in more than 20 years - representing $352 million in equity capital from investors
- Counsel to a new Canadian real estate fund created by Standard Life Investments, which raised $77 million in initial equity
- Advised Urban & Civic on the acquisition, development and sale of Hampton by Hilton at Stansted Airport to a British multinational financial services company for circa £50 million
- Advised Birmingham City University on its 37,000 sq metre site in Eastside where it will build a new £130 million campus
- Advised Triple Point Social Housing REIT Plc on its £200 million + investments into the supported living and extra-care sectors
- Advising Sanctuary on placing approx. 3,500 units into charge to facilitate drawdown of various committed Revolving Credit Facilities by its treasury company
- Arden Cross Consortium - appointed as legal advisers to the consortium on Arden Cross, one of the UK's most significant development sites
- Counsel to Brookfield Capital Partners Ltd., the private equity group of Brookfield Asset Management Inc., in the provision of a US$130-million senior-secured term loan to North American Palladium Ltd
- Advised St Modwen Developments on its joint venture with VINCI PLC in relation to the £2 billion redevelopment of the New Covent Garden Market, London
- Advised Telereal Trillium on its acquisition of Lands Improvement from BlackRock Europe Property Fund III for £120 million. Lands Improvement has landholdings of 2,500 acres across 26 sites in the UK, generating an estimated pipeline of 13,000 new homes.
- Acted for Taylor Wimpey and Dorchester Living in concluding a development management agreement with the Secretary of State of Defence to regenerate an ex-MoD barracks in Whitehill & Bordon through a competitive tender dialogue. The scheme will create 2,400 new homes, a new town centre and a new secondary school, and will generate 3,000 new jobs.
We're eager to hear about the challenges you face, and to help you seize the next opportunity. Please contact any member of our team to learn more about the legal services we offer.