Gowling WLG's market-leading Intellectual Property (IP) practices around the world have been distinguished in the 2021 edition of the Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) "IP Stars" Copyright, Patent, Trademark and Transactions firm rankings.
Intellectual property teams in Canada, China, Russia, UAE and the UK are recognised among the top firms globally for copyright & related rights, contentious and prosecution patent and trademark work, and for IP transactions*.
The rankings continue the firm's longstanding "IP Stars" success, being consistently featured among the world's top intellectual property firms for over 20 years, since MIP began conducting its global IP survey. More recently, the firm celebrated a bumper set of "IP Stars" lawyer rankings, in which 38 of the firm's leading practitioners were named from our top-tier practices worldwide, including in France and Germany.
Widely regarded as one of the world's foremost IP rankings, MIP's "IP Stars" identify the leading intellectual property firms and practitioners from around the world, based on an extensive research process. Covering intellectual property transactions, contentious and filing/prosecution trademark, patent and copyright work, the 2021 rankings evaluate the strength of legal teams, workload, client outcomes and overall track record.
Copyright Rankings in 2021
- Canada: Tier 1, Copyright & related rights
- Russia: Highly Recommended, Copyright & related rights
- UK: Other Notable Firms, Copyright & related rights
IP Transactions Rankings in 2021*
- Russia: Recommended Firm, IP Transactions
- UK: Tier 1, IP Transactions
Patent Rankings in 2021
- Canada: Tier 1, Patent Contentious and Patent Prosecution
- China, Other Notable Firms, Patent: Foreign Firms
- Russia: Tier 1, Patent Contentious and Tier 2, Patent Prosecution
- UK: Tier 2, Patent Contentious
Trademark Rankings in 2021
- Canada: Tier 1, Trademark Contentious and Trademark Prosecution
- Russia: Tier 1, Trademark Contentious and Trademark Prosecution
- UK: Tier 2, Trademark Contentious
- UAE: Tier 2, Trademark Contentious, Trademark Prosecution
Gowling WLG is a full-service firm comprising 1,400 professionals with strength across all areas of business law and litigation. With leading IP practices in Canada, China, the UAE, the UK and Europe, Russia and Singapore, and a network of trusted agents worldwide, we help IP owners overcome complex obstacles and optimize new opportunities - wherever business takes them. Learn more about our global IP team
*Currently, MIP IP Stars only publishes rankings for a total 14 jurisdictions across the Asia-Pacific, EMEA, and US regions.