From initial exploration to large-scale production projects, Gowling WLG's mining team offers you in-depth industry experience, extensive international connections and innovative solutions to help your business succeed.
Global coverage is crucial. With international offices in Canada, the UK, Moscow, Paris, Munich, Dubai, Beijing and Singapore, as well as significant coverage in Africa and South America, we've advised clients on numerous mining sector transactions all over the world.
We understand that every project is different and requires unique resourcing. Using the right teams with the most appropriate expertise in each jurisdiction and industry sector, we deliver practical, commercially astute advice that's aligned with your particular needs.
The depth of our mining talent across our international team sets us apart from our competitors. Our services include:
- Private acquisitions and disposals
- Private equity and venture capital raising
- Joint ventures and shareholder agreements
- Equity, debt and project financings
- Royalty and streaming agreements
- Initial public offerings, secondary offerings and dual listings
- Public mergers, take-over bids and plans/schemes of arrangement
- Restructuring, reorganisations and turnarounds
- Fund formation
- Securities legislation compliance
- Commercial agreements
- Outsourcing and procurement, executive employment and recruitment
- Project development, construction, operation and closure of mining projects
- Occupational health and safety
- Insurance and reinsurance
- Anti-bribery and corruption and business integrity
- Dispute resolution and international arbitration
- Aboriginal law matters
- Impact benefit agreements
With industry experience and expertise that sets us apart from many of our competitors, we place as much emphasis on the practical aspects of your business as we do on complex legal issues. Our clients include multinational corporations, governments, international banks, state-owned enterprises, private and public companies, hedge funds, investment funds and other financial institutions, as well as wealthy individuals with global investments.
As a team that handles global complexity, Gowling WLG is ready to manage your projects. Please contact any member of our group to find out how we can help you.