Greater than the sum of its total parts, the team is known for:
- High levels of expertise - inside experience from previous in-house roles, access to related legal experts in private equity, pensions, litigation, real estate and funds, plus sector expertise give the team an added edge. Client feedback in Chambers praises the team for being "extremely commercial and always prepared to give a view", "practically minded" while "their opinions are thorough and provided quickly"
- Exceptional service - our team is "professional, well run ... prepared to go that extra mile" and has "magic circle quality but with a refreshing personal touch". One of the team's partners will work with you at every stage of your transaction to ensure you "get partner input and market knowledge", and achieve the best possible outcome
- Developing lasting relationships - some of the our longstanding clients and repeat panel appointments include HSBC, Bank of America, BNP Paribas, Deutsche Bank, RBS, European Investment Bank, Santander, Handelsbanken and Bank of Ireland
Financial institutions, major corporates and public bodies also choose us. The likes of Ballymore Properties, Sanctuary Housing Association, Bridgepoint, CBPE Capital, Conygar Investments, Dyson, Euro Exide Corporation, GE Capital, Isis Equity Partners, JP Morgan Asset Management, Lyceum Capital, Marks & Spencer, Mazda, Mercedes Benz and Smith News plc and Pension Insurance Corporation Limited.
The team provides a full service in all types of general corporate and investment grade financing, both in a national and an international context, through the following sub-teams:
- Leveraged finance - Advising lenders, borrowers, infrastructure funds and private equity houses on structuring and negotiation of a wide range of transactions across different industry sectors and in different jurisdictions
- Asset finance/invoice discounting - All elements of asset based finance are covered including invoice and receivables finance, leasing, equipment finance, asset based facilities and syndicated facilities
- General banking and derivatives - We advise a wide range of corporates, banks, pension trustees and other organisations on their financing needs and facilities, including derivative products and other specialist products including funds at Lloyd's
- Real estate finance - Together with our leading real estate practice, we advise banks, funds and other financial institutions as well as borrowers on all aspects of real estate financing, including innovative structures and large portfolio financings
- Capital markets and securitisation - With a reputation for innovation in funding, the team advises issuers, sponsors, funds and originators on raising finance through securitisation, capital markets issues and other treasury products
- Restructuring and Corporate Recovery - Working with insolvency practitioners, banks, institutional investors, asset-based lenders, LPA receivers, corporates and company directors, the team offers advice on the full range of corporate recovery and insolvency related work and LPA appointment. Highlights for the team include securing the future of the iconic black cab on behalf of Manganese Bronze Holdings and heavy involvement in the restructuring of UK Coal