Gowling WLG is home to one of Canada’s strongest multi-disciplinary real estate legal teams, and is committed to providing you with timely, practical advice to help you meet the demands of customers, partners, regulators and investors.
No matter how complex or significant the transaction, we can help you achieve your real estate goals.
Foundations for success
With a strong presence in Canada, Asia and other global markets, our expertise spans all aspects of commercial real estate — from land acquisition and divestitures of individual properties and portfolios to brownfield redevelopment, commercial leasing services, and project and credit facility financing.
Whether you do business in local or international real estate markets, we deliver a complete range of legal services to a diverse clientele, including multinational development companies, national retailers, First Nations groups and financial institutions.
While advancing your business goals is always our top priority, we know that your budget is finite. With this in mind, we optimize your legal spend by implementing efficient fee strategies, offering competitive rates and anticipating costs as far in advance as possible.
Select client work
Across Canada and Asia, Gowling WLG has advised on a range of significant real estate transactions, including serving as counsel to:
- Lasalle Investment Management with respect to the formation and first close of LaSalle Canadian Income & Growth Fund IV at an aggregate total of $110 million.
- Forebase International Holdings Limited of Hong Kong in its acquisition of Brentwood Bay Resort in Victoria, British Columbia, for approximately $14 million.
- Allied Properties REIT in a refinancing of its existing mortgage loans on Cité du Multimédia in Montréal, Québec, with Otéra Capital providing a new credit facility totalling $172.5 million.
- Fiera Properties Limited in the launch of its diversified open-ended property fund, the Fiera Properties CORE Fund, the largest Canadian open-ended core property fund in more than 20 years, representing $352 million in equity capital from investors.
- China-based investors in purchases of hotels throughout British Columbia, as well as a $50-million purchase of a portfolio of Vancouver apartment buildings and a $30-million purchase of a Vancouver office tower.
We’re eager to hear about the challenges you face, and to help you seize the next opportunity. Please contact Joel Camley or any member of our team to learn more about the legal services we offer.